How do you change your default printer?
Change the Default Printer
- In the lower-left corner of your screen, click the Windows [Start] button > From the side panel, click the gear-shaped [Settings] icon > Select “Devices”. …
- Select the printer you wish to set as the default > Click [Manage] > Click [Set as default].
How do I set my printer as default in Windows 10?
To choose a default printer, select the Start button and then Settings . Go to Devices > Printers & scanners > select a printer > Manage. Then select Set as default. If you have Let Windows manage my default printer selected, you’ll need to deselect it before you can choose a default printer on your own.
Why I cant set my printer as default?
This error is usually caused when you are unable to setup your new printer or a different printer as your default printer other then the one that is already setup as default. This is caused by a glitch in the registry settings, which prioritizes the previous printer to be the default one.
How do I change my default HP printer?
Click the Windows icon ( ), click Control Panel. The Control Panel window opens. Click Hardware and Sound, and then click Printers. Right-click your HP product, and then click Set as Default Printer.
How do I change the default printer in the registry?
- Open the Registry Editor (Right mouse click Windows Start → Run → regedit)
- Navigate to this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWindows.
- For name “LegacyDefaultPrinterMode” set the “Value data:” to “1” to return to the old Default printer behavior in Windows 10.
How do I get my network printer back online?
Go to the Start icon on the bottom left of your screen then choose Control Panel and then Devices and Printers. Right click the printer in question and select “See what’s printing”. From the window that opens choose “Printer” from the menu bar at the top. Select “Use Printer Online” from the drop down menu.
Why does Windows 10 keep changing my default printer?
Prevent windows 10 from changing the default printer. When a device is changing on its own, it is usually because there is a setting On windows 10 PC that allows changing the device to the most suitable one that it deems worthy. Lets fallow steps below to Turn off Windows manage my default printer Option.
How do I change default print settings in Word?
From the printer properties, change to the Paper tab and select Auto Selection from Paper Source option. Besides, in the MS Word’s Menu bar, click Tools > Option. Then choose the Printer tab. On the default paper tray option, choose Use Default Printer Setting.
How do I manage printers in Windows 10?
To change your printer’s settings, head to either Settings > Devices > Printers & Scanners or Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers. In the Settings interface, click a printer and then click “Manage” to see more options. In the Control Panel, right-click a printer to find various options.
How do I connect to a network printer?
To install a network, wireless, or Bluetooth printer
- Click the Start button, and then, on the Start menu, click Devices and Printers.
- Click Add a printer.
- In the Add Printer wizard, click Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer.
- In the list of available printers, select the one you want to use, and then click Next.
Why is my printer status error?
If your printer’s status displays “Printer in error state,” there may be a problem with the printer itself. Make sure the printer is turned on and connected to your PC by Wi-Fi or cable. Check it for low paper or ink, and be sure the cover isn’t open and the paper isn’t jammed.
How do you set up a printer?
How to set up a new printer
- Plug in the printer’s power cable and make sure it’s turned on.
- Connect the included cable (usually a USB cable) from the printer to the computer. …
- On your computer, locate the Printer settings. …
- Look for the option to Add a printer, then follow the instructions that appear.
- Now it’s time to try printing something!
How do I turn off Windows manage default printer?
To turn off this feature:
- Open Settings | Devices.
- Select Printers and Scanners on the left side.
- Uncheck the box next to Let Windows manage my default printer.