How do I get my printer back online?
Go to the Start icon on the bottom left of your screen then choose Control Panel and then Devices and Printers. Right click the printer in question and select “See what’s printing”. From the window that opens choose “Printer” from the menu bar at the top. Select “Use Printer Online” from the drop down menu.
Why does my printer keep saying its offline?
If your printer is showing an offline message, it means it’s having a hard time communicating with your computer. There can be a number of reasons for this, from connectivity issues, to a fault with your printer. Whatever the reason, there are several checks you can do to determine which issue you’re facing.
How do I get my printer to stop being offline?
Open the printer queue by going to Devices and Printers in Control Panel and double-clicking on the printer. Here you want to click on Printer in the menu bar and then make sure to uncheck Pause Printing and Use Printer Offline.
Why can’t I uncheck Use printer offline?
From the queue window, select Printer and uncheck the Use Printer Offline option (if the Use Printer Offline option is off, check the option, leave it a few seconds, and uncheck it). Check if the printer is correctly connected to your computer (unplug the USB cable and plug it in again).
How do I fix an offline HP printer?
Search Windows for devices, and then click Devices and Printers from the list of results. Right-click the name of the HP printer that is active (not grayed out), and then select Set as Default printer. Try to print. If the printer remains offline, continue to the next step.
Why is my printer not responding to my computer?
Check your antivirus and firewall. In some cases, the Printer not responding message can appear due to your antivirus or firewall. This usually occurs if you’re using a Wi-Fi or network printer. To check if your antivirus is the problem, we advise you to disable it temporarily and check if that helps.
How do I reset my HP printer?
1 Restore Defaults
- From the screen on your printer, navigate to Setup.
- Tap Tools.
- Tap Restore Defaults.
- Tap Yes.
- The printer will restart.
- Once restarted, your printer will have been reset to factory default settings.
How do I connect my printer via WIFI?
- Make sure your Android device is connected to the same wireless network that you want to connect your printer to.
- Go to 123.hp.com from a browser on your phone or tablet and install the HP Smart app.
- Turn on the printer. …
- Prepare the printer for a wireless network connection.
Why is my HP printer offline and not printing?
Make sure the printer’s print queue is not set to print offline. … Right-click the printer and select See what’s printing. Select Printer, and then select to clear any selections next to Pause Printing or Use Printer Offline, if selected.
How do I clear my printer queue?
In the Services window, right-click Print Spooler, and then select Stop. After the service stops, close the Services window. In Windows, search for and open C:WindowsSystem32SpoolPRINTERS. Delete all files in the PRINTERS folder.
Why is my HP printer not printing?
1) Make sure your HP printer has enough paper in the paper tray. If there is paper then make sure none of it is stuck or jammed in the paper feed. … New HP printers will easily display the ink levels or if there is an ink issue on the front screen of the HP printer.