How do I get my Brother printer to scan?
Scan a document in Windows 8 or later.
- Load your document on to your Brother machine.
- (Windows 8) On the Start screen, click . If. …
- Click Windows Fax and Scan.
- Click New Scan.
- If you have multiple imaging devices installed on your computer, choose your scanner and click OK.
- Set scanning options, and then click Scan.
- The scanned image will be displayed.
Why will my printer print but not scan?
Printer scanning to computer may not work because scan to PC setting is either disabled. The other reason behind scan function not working can be that the complete drivers are not installed on the system or PC.
Why is my scanner not connecting to my computer?
Check Cords and Connections
One simple reason your computer may not detect the scanner is a loose connection. Check the USB and AC adapter cords and all connections to make sure they’re tight and secure. Examine the cables themselves for signs of damage that may prevent them from working properly.
How do I troubleshoot my brother scanner?
FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Step 1: Verify the Brother machine is powered on and there are no errors. …
- Step 2: Check the connection. …
- Step 3: Check your Brother machine is available to print. …
- Step 4: Check the scanner driver. …
- Step 5: Check the IP Address of your Brother machine. …
- Step 6: Set the IP Address on the Scanner Driver.
How do I connect my Brother printer to my computer?
To connect the printer and your computer:
- Connect your computer to your wireless router/access point. (You can skip this step if your computer is already connected to a Wi-Fi® network.)
- Connect your Brother printer to the same wireless router/access point.
- Connect your Brother printer and your computer.
How do I fix my printer that won’t scan?
How to Fix an HP Printer That Doesn’t Scan
- Check Platform Compatibility. …
- Reset the Printer. …
- Reinstall the HP Printer Software. …
- Open the HP Print and Scan Troubleshooter. …
- Check that the Windows Image Acquisition Service is Enabled. …
- Turn Off Windows Defender Firewall. …
- Reset the HP Printer & Scanner to Factory Default Settings.
How do I enable my HP printer to scan?
Enable scanning to a computer (Windows)
- Open the HP Printer Assistant. Windows 10: From the Start menu, click All Apps, click HP, and then select the printer name. …
- Go to the Scan section.
- Select Manage Scan to Computer.
- Click Enable.
How do I get my HP printer to scan?
Use HP MFP Scan to scan your documents or photos from a computer.
- Load the document or photo you want to scan.
- Search Windows for HP MFP Scan, and then click it to open the software. …
- Choose a scanning option. …
- After scanning the document or photo, type a file name under Name.
Why is my brother scanner not connecting to my computer?
Firewalls or other security software could cause your Brother printer not to scan as it may reject the network connection needed for the network scanning software to work properly. To resolve this, disable the firewall from your computer and try to scan again. … Open Control Panel and select System and Security.
How do you reset a Brother printer?
Press the Up arrow key select Reset.
- Press the Settings button.
- Press All Settings.
- Press Initial Setup.
- Press Reset.
- Press All Settings or Factory Reset (depends on which model you have).
- Press Yes.
- Press Yes again and hold for two seconds.
How do I maintain my Brother printer?
Print head maintenance
Press the open button to open the top cover. Lift up the protective cover (1), and then lightly wipe the print head (2) with the cleaning pen. When printing stops in cooling mode, do not open the top cover or bottom cover, otherwise printing will not resume.