How do I get my printer back online?
Go to the Start icon on the bottom left of your screen then choose Control Panel and then Devices and Printers. Right click the printer in question and select “See what’s printing”. From the window that opens choose “Printer” from the menu bar at the top. Select “Use Printer Online” from the drop down menu.
Why does my printer keep going offline?
Offline printers can’t communicate with your PC
If your printer is showing an offline message, it means it’s having a hard time communicating with your computer. There can be a number of reasons for this, from connectivity issues, to a fault with your printer.
How do I fix a printer that is offline?
Troubleshooting offline printer problems
- Check to make sure the printer is turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your device.
- Run a printer power cycle.
- Set your printer as the default printer.
- Clear the print queue.
- Reset the service that manages the printing queue.
- Remove and re-add your printer to your device.
- Restart your PC.
Why does my Brother printer keep going offline?
Driver problems: The driver installed against your Brother printer might not be working properly and may be the cause of the printer going offline again and again. Use printer offline: Windows has a feature where it lets you use the printer offline.
Why is my HP printer offline and not printing?
Make sure the printer’s print queue is not set to print offline. … Right-click the printer and select See what’s printing. Select Printer, and then select to clear any selections next to Pause Printing or Use Printer Offline, if selected.
How do I fix an offline HP printer?
Search Windows for devices, and then click Devices and Printers from the list of results. Right-click the name of the HP printer that is active (not grayed out), and then select Set as Default printer. Try to print. If the printer remains offline, continue to the next step.
Why does my HP printer go offline all the time?
Your printer might appear offline if it can’t communicate with your PC. … Select Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners. Then select your printer > Open queue. Under Printer, make sure Use Printer Offline is not selected.
How do I get my printer off offline?
To check this, you can open the printer queue by visiting Devices and Printers in the Control Panel and then double clicking on the printer. You need to click on the printer shown in the menu bar and uncheck Use Printer Offline and Pause Printing checkboxes.
Why can’t I uncheck Use printer offline?
From the queue window, select Printer and uncheck the Use Printer Offline option (if the Use Printer Offline option is off, check the option, leave it a few seconds, and uncheck it). Check if the printer is correctly connected to your computer (unplug the USB cable and plug it in again).
How do I connect my printer via WiFi?
- Make sure your Android device is connected to the same wireless network that you want to connect your printer to.
- Go to 123.hp.com from a browser on your phone or tablet and install the HP Smart app.
- Turn on the printer. …
- Prepare the printer for a wireless network connection.
How do I clear my printer queue?
In the Services window, right-click Print Spooler, and then select Stop. After the service stops, close the Services window. In Windows, search for and open C:WindowsSystem32SpoolPRINTERS. Delete all files in the PRINTERS folder.
How do I know if my printer is connected to WiFi?
To check if your printer is connected to your network: Print a Wireless Network Test report from the printer control panel. On many printers pressing the Wireless button allows direct access to printing this report. Consult your manual for instructions.
How do I bring my Brother printer back online?
How to Bring an Offline Brother Printer Online
- Click on the Start button on your computer, and then click on the Devices and Printers option.
- Now right-click your Brother printer icon and click on the See What’s Printing option on your screen.
- Click on the Printer option at the top of the window > look for the check mark in front of the Use Printer Offline option.
How do I keep my Brother printer from going offline?
- Press Windows key + Q.
- Type devices and printers.
- Right-click on the printer and click on See What’s Printing.
- Right-click on new print queue.
- Then clear the use printer offline setting.