Why does my printer stop printing halfway?
Problem with the print spooler on Windows PCs
Sometimes there can be some left over data in your ‘print spooler’ – the temporary area data is stored in as it is handed off to the printer. This can cause all sorts of issues with prints, including prints that only partially complete.
Why is my HP printer only printing part of the page?
If your printer is only printing half pages it could be due to low ink level in the cartridges. Launch the HP Printer Assistant app on your computer. Click the Estimated Cartridge Levels tab. The app will display the estimated cartridge levels.
How do I stop HP printer from printing test page?
How to Stop the HP Printer From Printing Test Pages
- Click “Start.”
- Click “Control Panel.”
- Click “Devices and Printers.”
- Double-click on your HP printer icon to open the print queue. Click on the listing for your test page. Click “Cancel” to stop your printer from completing that particular job. Repeat this step until all of the test pages have been canceled.
How do I fix my HP printer from printing blank pages?
To resolve this issue, use only genuine HP cartridges. Additionally, you can remove the black cartridge to print only with the tri-color cartridge, replace any empty or defective cartridges, or clean the printhead.
How do I fix my printer not printing full page?
Start by choosing “File” and then “Print,” and clicking the “Position and Size” settings. Usually, the default option is “Scale to Fit Media,” which prints to the page margins. Deselect it, then manually enter scale, height and width values that equal the full size of your paper. Click “Print” to print your image.
Why does my printer print one page at a time?
Go to File > Print. In the print options, look for Collated section. … Select your printer (if more than one is connected) and click on the Print button. This should fix the problem and allow you to print multiple pages of the document instead of one page.
How do I clear the print spooler?
Browse to “C:WINDOWSsystem32spoolPRINTERS” and delete the .
Stop the Print Spooler service.
- Click Start and click Control Panel.
- Double-click Administrative Tools.
- Double-click Services.
- Scroll down and select Print Spooler.
- From the Action menu, click Stop.
How do I reset my HP printer?
1 Restore Defaults
- From the screen on your printer, navigate to Setup.
- Tap Tools.
- Tap Restore Defaults.
- Tap Yes.
- The printer will restart.
- Once restarted, your printer will have been reset to factory default settings.
How do I clean my HP printer contacts?
- Remove the cartridges. …
- Place the cartridges on a piece of paper with the nozzle plate facing up.
- Unplug the printer power cord.
- Lightly moisten the lint-free cleaning material with clean water.
- Clean the cartridge contacts. …
- Clean the carriage contacts.
How do I stop my HP printer from printing automatically?
Follow these steps to enable the Auto-off feature:
- Open the printer Toolbox.
- Select the Configuration tab.
- Select Activate the Hardware Auto-off feature to turn on the feature. De-select Activate the Hardware Auto-off feature to turn off the feature. Figure : Toolbox.
- Click Apply.
Why does my HP printer stop printing?
Another possible cause of your HP printer not printing issue is the stuck print queue. The print queue containing failed print jobs can stop functioning normally and lead to printer not printing issue. You can clear all print jobs to get your HP printer back to normal. a) Open Devices and Printers in Control Panel.
How do I cancel a print job on my HP printer?
Cancel print job (Win 10)
- Open the print queue. If a printer icon displays in the notification area, double-click the icon to open the print queue. …
- Right-click the print job you want to cancel, and then click Cancel.
Why won’t my HP printer print after I changed the ink?
Running an extended cleaning cycle may correct the problem and help the printer recognize the cartridge. Check your printer for a “Cleaning” button and press it or hold it down for a few seconds. … After running the cleaning cycle, print a test page to determine whether the printer can print again.