How do I bring my printer back online?
Go to the Start icon on the bottom left of your screen then choose Control Panel and then Devices and Printers. Right click the printer in question and select “See what’s printing”. From the window that opens choose “Printer” from the menu bar at the top. Select “Use Printer Online” from the drop down menu.
Why does my printer keep saying its offline?
If your printer is showing an offline message, it means it’s having a hard time communicating with your computer. There can be a number of reasons for this, from connectivity issues, to a fault with your printer. Whatever the reason, there are several checks you can do to determine which issue you’re facing.
How do I get my printer to stop being offline?
Open the printer queue by going to Devices and Printers in Control Panel and double-clicking on the printer. Here you want to click on Printer in the menu bar and then make sure to uncheck Pause Printing and Use Printer Offline.
How do I fix an offline HP printer?
Search Windows for devices, and then click Devices and Printers from the list of results. Right-click the name of the HP printer that is active (not grayed out), and then select Set as Default printer. Try to print. If the printer remains offline, continue to the next step.
How do I fix my printer not responding?
What can I do if the printer is not responding?
- Check your antivirus and firewall. …
- Check all the printer connections. …
- Run the Printer Troubleshooter in Windows 10. …
- Update the Printer’s Device Driver. …
- Make sure the selected Printer is the default one. …
- Check the printer’s Windows 10 compatibility.
How do I get my computer to go from offline to online?
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Start Internet Explorer.
- On the File menu, determine whether the Work Offline option is enabled. …
- On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
- In the Internet Options dialog box, click the Connections tab.
- Make sure that the Never dial a connection option is selected.
Why is my HP printer offline and not printing?
Make sure the printer’s print queue is not set to print offline. … Right-click the printer and select See what’s printing. Select Printer, and then select to clear any selections next to Pause Printing or Use Printer Offline, if selected.
How do I reset my HP printer?
1 Restore Defaults
- From the screen on your printer, navigate to Setup.
- Tap Tools.
- Tap Restore Defaults.
- Tap Yes.
- The printer will restart.
- Once restarted, your printer will have been reset to factory default settings.
Why can’t I uncheck Use printer offline?
From the queue window, select Printer and uncheck the Use Printer Offline option (if the Use Printer Offline option is off, check the option, leave it a few seconds, and uncheck it). Check if the printer is correctly connected to your computer (unplug the USB cable and plug it in again).
Why does my HP printer go offline all the time?
Your printer might appear offline if it can’t communicate with your PC. … Select Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners. Then select your printer > Open queue. Under Printer, make sure Use Printer Offline is not selected.
How do I clear my printer queue?
In the Services window, right-click Print Spooler, and then select Stop. After the service stops, close the Services window. In Windows, search for and open C:WindowsSystem32SpoolPRINTERS. Delete all files in the PRINTERS folder.
Why is my HP printer not printing?
1) Make sure your HP printer has enough paper in the paper tray. If there is paper then make sure none of it is stuck or jammed in the paper feed. … New HP printers will easily display the ink levels or if there is an ink issue on the front screen of the HP printer.
How do I reconnect my HP wireless printer?
Click the name of your printer, and then click Options & Supplies. Click Utility, and then click Open Printer Utility. In HP Utility, click Wireless Setup. Make sure your network displays on the Confirm Wireless Settings window, and then click Continue to complete the wireless configuration.
How do I fix HP Printer Error?
- Make sure the printer is turned on. You can also restart both the printer and your computer.
- Check if the printer is connected to your computer or WI-FI network.
- Make sure the paper try of your printer is loaded and that the printer has enough ink.
- If the error still occurs, contact the HP printer support.