How do I set a printer as my default?
Change the Default Printer
- In the lower-left corner of your screen, click the Windows [Start] button > From the side panel, click the gear-shaped [Settings] icon > Select “Devices”. …
- Select the printer you wish to set as the default > Click [Manage] > Click [Set as default].
Why does my default printer keep changing Windows 10?
If your default printer keeps changing, you might want to prevent Windows from managing your default printer. To do that, just follow these steps: Go to Settings > click on the Devices icon. Click on Printers & scanners on the left side > turn off Let Windows manage my default printer.
How do you set two printers as default?
- Connect to the network at your present location. …
- Click Start and then “Devices and Printers.”
- Click any printer and then “Manage Default Printers” from the toolbar.
- Click “Change My Default Printer When I Change Networks.”
- Choose your current network from the Select Network drop-down menu.
Why can’t I set my printer as default?
1. Click Start and select “Devices Printers”2. Right click on the name of your printer and select “see what’s printing”3. … Then select “Set As Default Printer” on the main menu, note if it is already opened up as administrator, then you may not see the option to open it as administrator.
How do I fix a default printer Cannot be set?
Fix Unable to Set Default Printer Error 0x00000709
- Press Windows Key + I to open Settings then click Devices.
- Now from the left-hand menu select Printers & scanners. Advertisement.
- Disable the toggle under “Let Windows manage my default printer. “
- Close everything and reboot your PC.
How do I keep Windows 10 from changing my default apps?
When you open the Default apps options under Settings > Apps > Default Apps, you get a short list of common application types, e.g. photo viewer, video player, and music player, and the programs associated with them. Tip: Stop Resetting my Apps makes sure that Windows 10 won’t change default apps automatically.
Why does my printer keep defaulting to OneNote?
You share your computer with someone else who installed OneNote 2010 or Office 2010 and set the Send to OneNote print driver to act as the default printer. Your printer software is incompatible with your operating system version and Windows has reverted to the Send to OneNote print driver as the default printer.
What is Let Windows manage my default printer?
To choose a default printer, select the Start button and then Settings . Go to Devices > Printers & scanners > select a printer > Manage. Then select Set as default. If you have Let Windows manage my default printer selected, you’ll need to deselect it before you can choose a default printer on your own.
How do I manage printers in Windows 10?
To change your printer’s settings, head to either Settings > Devices > Printers & Scanners or Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers. In the Settings interface, click a printer and then click “Manage” to see more options. In the Control Panel, right-click a printer to find various options.
How do I set default printer in registry?
- Open the Registry Editor (Right mouse click Windows Start → Run → regedit)
- Navigate to this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWindows.
- For name “LegacyDefaultPrinterMode” set the “Value data:” to “1” to return to the old Default printer behavior in Windows 10.
How do I make my HP printer the default printer?
Click the Windows icon ( ), click Control Panel. The Control Panel window opens. Click Hardware and Sound, and then click Printers. Right-click your HP product, and then click Set as Default Printer.