How do I restart the print spooler in Windows 10?
Method 1: How to Start, Stop or Restart Print Spooler in Windows 10 Using Services
- Step 2: In the Services window, go to the right side of the pane, scroll down and find Print Spooler from the list. …
- Step 3: Or, double-click on the Print Spooler option to Start the service.
How do I restart the print spooler on my HP printer?
- In your computer, go to the services management windows by typing the command “Services. …
- Inside services, look for print spooler.
- Once located, right click on it and click on restart.
- You may also need to power cycle your printer after doing so, by turning it OFF and turning it ON again after 10 seconds of being OFF.
How do I fix printer spooler?
Fix for “The print spooler service is not running” Error in…
- Press “Window key” + “R” to open the Run dialog.
- Type “services. msc“, then select “OK“.
- Double-click the “Printer Spooler” service, and then change the startup type to “Automatic“. …
- Restart the computer and try to install the printer again.
How do I start the spooler?
Follow these steps to start the Print Spooler again.
- Select Windows logo key + R to open Run.
- Type: services. msc, and select OK.
- Right-click Spooler.
- Select Start.
How do I clear the print spooler?
How to Delete Files from the Windows Print Spooler Directory
- Stop the spooler service.
- Navigate to %SystemRoot%System32spoolPRINTERS, on most systems this will be the path C:WindowsSystem32spoolPRINTERS.
- Delete all flies in this directory.
- Restart the spooler service.
How do I clear the printer spooler?
Browse to “C:WINDOWSsystem32spoolPRINTERS” and delete the .
Stop the Print Spooler service.
- Click Start and click Control Panel.
- Double-click Administrative Tools.
- Double-click Services.
- Scroll down and select Print Spooler.
- From the Action menu, click Stop.
How do I restart my HP printer?
How To Reset Factory Default setting on an HP printer
- Turn the printer off. Disconnect the power cable from the printer for 30 seconds and then reconnect.
- Turn the printer on while you press and hold the Resume button for 10-20 seconds. The Attention light turns on.
- Release the Resume button.
What causes printer spooler error?
Mostly, the errors are caused by changes in the settings of the printer spooler. Such simple errors can prevent the print jobs from printing out, thus causing the documents to lie pending in the queue. Accessing the print spooler settings and changing the settings is one way to resolve this issue.
How do I remotely restart my HP printer?
How to: How to reboot an HP printer remotely
- Step 1: Open a command prompt. – Click the start menu and type “command”. …
- Step 2: Create a reboot. txt file. …
- Step 3: Start the FTP program. – Type “ftp” and press Enter.
- Step 4: Connect to the printer. …
- Step 5: Send the reboot. …
- Step 6: Stop the FTP program.
Why is my printer spooling?
Printer spooling enables you to send large document files or a series of them to a printer, without needing to wait until the current task is finished. Think of it as a buffer or cache. It’s a place that your documents can “line up” and get ready to be printed after a previous printing task is completed.
Can I disable print spooler?
Is it safe to disable the Spooler service? If you don’t have any physical printers attached to your computer and you and never plan to do any printing, you can safely disable the Spooler service. However, watch out for applications that silently use the printing API. They will also fail when the service is disabled.
What is a spooler service error?
Mostly, a printer spooler error is indicated by an error message that indicates that the spooler has failed. … By setting the startup type of the printer spooler service to automatic, it will enable it to start automatically when you restart the computer.
How do I get my network printer back online?
Go to the Start icon on the bottom left of your screen then choose Control Panel and then Devices and Printers. Right click the printer in question and select “See what’s printing”. From the window that opens choose “Printer” from the menu bar at the top. Select “Use Printer Online” from the drop down menu.