How do you reset the drum counter on a brother mfc 7460dn?
Just follow the steps below:
- With the front cover open, press Clear.
- When prompted, press 1 to confirm you are installing a new drum unit.
- When the LCD shows Accepted, close the front cover.
20 мая 2015 г.
How do you reset the drum counter on a Brother HL 4570cdw?
Brother HL-4570CDW – Reset Drum
- Press the “+” key to find “Machine Info”.
- Press “OK”.
- Press the “+” key to find “Reset Parts Life”.
- Press “OK”.
- Press the “+” key to find “Drum Unit”.
- Press “OK”.
- Press the “+” key to reset the drum counter. Archive.
How do you reset the page counter on a Brother printer?
How to Reset the Page Counter on a Brother Laser Printer
- Open the front cover of the printer (to access cartridges).
- With the front cover open, simultaneously press the Secure and Cancel buttons.
- The reset menu will now appear on the LCD display.
- Scroll through the menu to select a color and yield to reset.
- The LCD will read “Accepted” once the reset is complete.
How do I clean the drum on my Brother printer?
Turn the drum unit as shown in the illustration. Make sure that the drum unit gear is on the left side. Turn the edge of the drum unit toward you by hand while looking at surface of the suspected area. Wipe the surface of the drum gently with a dry cotton swab until the mark on the surface comes off.
Do I need to replace the drum on my Brother printer?
The Brother machine will display a ‘Replace Drum’ or ‘Drum Stop’ message when the machine has printed approximately 15,000 pages. The drums should be replaced as a set in order to maintain print quality. Unlike the toner cartridges, the drum change is not automatically detected by the machine when they are replaced.
What happens if I don’t replace printer drum?
Many consumers have the “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” mentality. But the replacement of a drum unit is vital to laser printers’ health. A degraded drum unit can cause streaks, smudges, and blank spots on your printed page even if you just inserted a new printer toner.
How do I reset my brother j200?
FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Make sure the machine is not operating, then disconnect all the cables from the machine (except the power cord).
- Press Menu.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to choose Network and press OK.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to choose Network Reset and press OK.
- – For MFC Users: …
- – For MFC Users:
29 мая 2013 г.
How do I check how many pages my Brother printer has?
How can I know how many pages the printer has printed?
- Press the + or – button until INFORMATION mode appears.
- Press the Set button, and then press the + or – button until PAGE COUNTER appears.
- Press the Set button, and then check how many pages the printer has printed.
How do I reset my print counter?
First, you will normally need to [Clear counter overflow] under the menu listing of [Protection Counter]. You will then need to use the [Soft reset] utility on the menu under [Extra]. Wait about 5 minutes for the printer to reset. This will reset your printer and stop the lock out.
How do you fix a printer drum?
Make sure that the printer is on and open the front cover. Remove the toner cartridge and drum unit from the machine.
Once the new drum is replaced, you will need to reset the drum counter:
- Open the front cover.
- Press and hold OK for 2 seconds.
- Press the Up arrow key or 1 to reset the drum counter.
What is the drum on a printer brother?
A drum unit is a green metal cylinder or tube that carries a static electrical charge that attracts the toner powder from the toner cartridge and applies it to the paper as it passes through the printer. Therefore, you will always find that drum unit is located very close to or even attached to the toner cartridge.27 мая 2014 г.