How do I reset my Brother printer counter?
How to Reset the Page Counter on a Brother Laser Printer
- Open the front cover of the printer (to access cartridges).
- With the front cover open, simultaneously press the Secure and Cancel buttons.
- The reset menu will now appear on the LCD display.
- Scroll through the menu to select a color and yield to reset.
- The LCD will read “Accepted” once the reset is complete.
How do you reset the drum counter on a brother mfc 7460dn?
Just follow the steps below:
- With the front cover open, press Clear.
- When prompted, press 1 to confirm you are installing a new drum unit.
- When the LCD shows Accepted, close the front cover.
20 мая 2015 г.
How do you reset the drum counter on a Brother HL 4570cdw?
Brother HL-4570CDW – Reset Drum
- Press the “+” key to find “Machine Info”.
- Press “OK”.
- Press the “+” key to find “Reset Parts Life”.
- Press “OK”.
- Press the “+” key to find “Drum Unit”.
- Press “OK”.
- Press the “+” key to reset the drum counter. Archive.
How do I clean the drum on my Brother printer?
Turn the drum unit as shown in the illustration. Make sure that the drum unit gear is on the left side. Turn the edge of the drum unit toward you by hand while looking at surface of the suspected area. Wipe the surface of the drum gently with a dry cotton swab until the mark on the surface comes off.
How do I check how many pages my Brother printer has?
How can I know how many pages the printer has printed?
- Press the + or – button until INFORMATION mode appears.
- Press the Set button, and then press the + or – button until PAGE COUNTER appears.
- Press the Set button, and then check how many pages the printer has printed.
How do I bypass the low toner on a Brother printer?
To enable or disable Continue Mode, follow the steps below:
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to choose General Setup, and then press OK.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to choose Replace Toner, and then press OK.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to choose Continue or Stop. Press Go.
Do I need to replace the drum on my Brother printer?
The Brother machine will display a ‘Replace Drum’ or ‘Drum Stop’ message when the machine has printed approximately 15,000 pages. The drums should be replaced as a set in order to maintain print quality. Unlike the toner cartridges, the drum change is not automatically detected by the machine when they are replaced.
Why does my Brother printer keep saying replace drum?
Without a chip, your drum unit has no way of being able to associate itself with your Brother printer. As a result, you will get the “Replace Drum” message because your printer thinks that you’ve not installed a drum unit. On the right is a standard toner cartridge with a chip.27 мая 2014 г.
How do I fix the drum error on my Brother printer?
First, you will need to remove the old drum and replace it with the new one:
- Make sure that the printer is on and open the front cover.
- Remove the toner cartridge and drum unit from the machine.
- Push down the green lock lever and remove the toner cartridge from the drum unit.
- Unpack the new drum unit.
What happens if I don’t replace printer drum?
Many consumers have the “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” mentality. But the replacement of a drum unit is vital to laser printers’ health. A degraded drum unit can cause streaks, smudges, and blank spots on your printed page even if you just inserted a new printer toner.
How do I clean the drum on my HP printer?
Moisten a cotton ball with 99 percent pure isopropyl alcohol, and then use it to clean off any patches of toner that have adhered to the drum.