How do I unprotect a HP ink cartridge?
Simply access the printer settings found on your printer’s menu and you will see an option to disable the HP cartridge protection. Select the disable option and click Apply and Save, if necessary.
Why does my HP printer say print cartridge problem?
Check/Wipe Cartridge Contacts: A common cause of the “Cartridge Problem” message is the gold contacts found on an electonic chip on the body of the HP cartridge being obscured with dirt/ink or even physically having been damaged. Firstly remove the indicated cartridge from the printer and locate the chip.
Does printer ink dry up if you don’t use it?
Ink cartridges can dry out if they are sitting idle in your printer for an extended period of time. … This is another way to prime your cartridges, and will likely get them working again. You may need to run the printhead cleaning a couple of times to get the best results.
How long does it take for an ink cartridge to dry up?
Shelf life of printer ink in most cases is approximately two years. After that time there may be problems with the cartridge. The sponge designed to deliver ink to the printheads can dry out. The ink can begin to separate and turn to sludge.
Why won’t my HP printer print after I changed the ink?
Running an extended cleaning cycle may correct the problem and help the printer recognize the cartridge. Check your printer for a “Cleaning” button and press it or hold it down for a few seconds. … After running the cleaning cycle, print a test page to determine whether the printer can print again.
How do I reset my HP ink cartridge?
To bypass your toner or ink chip you can do any of four things.
- Use an auto-reset ink tanks if your printer models have them.
- Fit your printer with a new chip or ink tank.
- Use your printer model’s chip resetter to restore the “empty” chip to full.
- Disable your ink or toner monitor.
Can you use other ink cartridges in a HP printer?
This is because of the chips on the ink cartridge, each chip is programmed to allow inks to only work with certain printers. Therefore, you are unable to use a different number ink in your printer which is not compatible with your printer.
Do HP printers come with ink?
The answer to the question is affirmative. Yes, very often, the popular printer manufacturers like Canon, Epson, Brother, and HP offer starter cartridges along with the purchase of a new printer.
How do I fix a print cartridge problem?
Remove the cartridge indicated by the error message, clean the electrical contacts, and then reinsert the cartridge in its color-coded slot.
- Turn the printer on.
- Open the door to access the cartridges.
- Squeeze and lift the cartridge latch for the cartridge indicated in the error message.
- Remove the cartridge.
What do I do when my printer says incompatible ink cartridge?
How do you bypass an incompatible HP ink cartridge?
- Remove all of the cartridges from the printer.
- Place the incompatible ink cartridge back in the printer.
- Power off the printer and unplug its power cord from the wall– wait 10-15 minutes.
- Plug the power cord back in and power on the printer.
- Insert the next incompatible ink cartridge, one at a time.