How do you fix a printhead error on a Lexmark printer?
Go to “Replace Printhead” in the menu on the printer. For touchscreen-capable models: Touch Ink Level Icons (lower right corner). Press “More Options”.
For all other models:
- Press Wrench (setup/tool) button.
- Scroll to “Maintenance Menu”.
- Check “OK”
- Scroll to “Replace Printhead”.
- Check “OK”
How do you remove a printhead?
To replace the printhead:
- Make sure your printer is on.
- Lift the printer access door, and wait for the carriage to move to the access position.
- Remove both ink cartridges and set them aside.
- Unlatch the used printhead by lifting the button in the center of the carriage.
- Lift the used printhead out of the carriage .
How do I clear error messages on my Lexmark printer?
To clear a 901 error, simply turn off the printer for at least five minutes. If the error doesn’t return after powering on the printer, a temporary glitch was the issue and shouldn’t require any further troubleshooting. Solution: To solve this error, simply power off the printer for 5 minutes and then again turn it ON.
How do I clean the rollers on my Lexmark printer?
Step-by-step guide on How to clean Lexmark printer rollers
- Step 1 : Turn off the device. …
- Step 2 : Open the printer. …
- Step 3 : Remove the cartridge. …
- Step 4 : Find the roller. …
- Step 5 : Remove the roller. …
- Step 6 : Wash with warm water. …
- Step 7 : Reinstall the roller. …
- You now know how to clean Lexmark printer rollers.
Can you manually clean printer heads?
The sponge end of a blocked printer head can be cleaned with only one liquid other than water. This liquid is isopropyl alcohol. Isopropyl alcohol isn’t strong enough to melt the sponge but is still strong enough to dissolve the ink inside the blocked printer head. Even isopropyl alcohol can’t be used freely.
How long does a printhead last?
1.5 – 2 years
How do you clean the printhead solution?
DIY Printer Head Cleaner
Add three drops of liquid dish soap to the water, followed by four teaspoons of isopropyl alcohol (which you can get at most drugstores). Mix the solution with a spoon, and you will have a solution functionally identical to a commercially produced printhead cleaner.
Why does my Lexmark printer keep jamming?
Dirty or worn pick rollers in the paper trays cause most input jams. An error code of 24x (where x can be any number) typically accompanies input jams. If you are experiencing frequent input jams, clean the pick rollers by following the instructions below. Turn off the printer and then remove all the paper trays.
How do you clear a paper jam on a Lexmark printer?
The paper jam is located either at the Front door or in Tray 1.
- Pull Tray 1 out or open the affected paper tray (could be any input source).
- Firmly grasp the jammed paper and gently pull it out. …
- Remove all the paper/print media from all the trays. …
- Push Tray 1 or the affected paper tray back in.
How do I reset my Lexmark smart chip?
Quick Steps To Reset The Lexmark Toner Cartridge Chip
- Switch off your Lexmark printer, and detach the power cord from it.
- Gently press and hold the Return as well as the Ready, Go, or Select button at the same time.
- Turn on the printer while holding the Return and Ready button.
Why is my printer leaving streaks?
If your print-outs are streaky, faded, have lines on them that should not be there, or are otherwise poor in quality, this may be due to a problem with the printer or a low ink or toner supply. You may be running out of ink or toner. … The printer may have run out of one color of ink or toner.
Why does my laser printer leaving streaks on the page?
Streaking is usually caused by a worn out drum unit or spent toner cartridge. Reinstall the toner cartridge and run a test print. … If the quality does not improve, check your printer’s user guide to see if there is a cartridge cleaning function built into the machine.