How do I uninstall and reinstall my HP printer?
Click Devices and Printers, right-click the icon for your printer , and then click Remove Device or Uninstall device. If you do not see your printer in the list, expand the Printers section. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the printer removal.
How do I reinstall my HP wireless printer?
Select Wireless Setup Wizard from the Wireless, Settings, or Network Setup menu, and then select your network name and enter the password. note: If the Wireless Setup Wizard is not listed, select Wi-Fi Protected Setup or WPS, select Push Button, and then follow the steps to connect to the network.
How do I reinstall my printer?
To install a printer locally on Windows 10, follow these steps:
- Right-click on the Windows logo in the bottom left of the screen. …
- Search for Control Panel. …
- Find Devices and Printers in the Control Panel and open it.
- Click Add a Printer (on the top).
- A window will come up that is searching for printers on the network.
How do I reset my HP printer?
1 Restore Defaults
- From the screen on your printer, navigate to Setup.
- Tap Tools.
- Tap Restore Defaults.
- Tap Yes.
- The printer will restart.
- Once restarted, your printer will have been reset to factory default settings.
How do I uninstall HP printer software?
How to Uninstall HP Smart on Android Devices
- Navigate to and open Settings.
- Select Apps or Application Manager from the device Settings.
- Select HP Smart.
- Select Uninstall.
How do I cancel a print job?
Cancel a print job from the print queue in Android.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to open the notification area.
- Select the print job you want to cancel.
- Tap Cancel to cancel the print job.
How do I connect to my HP wireless printer?
- Make sure your Android device is connected to the same wireless network that you want to connect your printer to.
- Go to 123.hp.com from a browser on your phone or tablet and install the HP Smart app.
- Turn on the printer. …
- Prepare the printer for a wireless network connection.
Why won’t my HP printer connect to my computer?
Make sure the printer, router, and computer are on. Make sure the computer and printer are connected to the same wireless network. Disconnect any USB or Ethernet cables from the printer. On the printer control panel, touch the Setup, Network, or Wireless menu.
How do I get my HP printer back online?
Go to the Start icon on the bottom left of your screen then choose Control Panel and then Devices and Printers. Right click the printer in question and select “See what’s printing”. From the window that opens choose “Printer” from the menu bar at the top. Select “Use Printer Online” from the drop down menu.
How do you troubleshoot a printer?
- Unplug and restart your printer.
- Check cables or wireless connection.
- Uninstall and reinstall your printer.
- Install the latest driver for your printer.
- Run the printing troubleshooter.
- Clear and reset the print spooler.
- Fix printer problems after updating Windows 10.
- Change a printer’s status to “online”
How do you fix a printer?
How to Fix Everything For Dummies
- Look for a loose connection or damaged cable. …
- Check inside the printer for a paper jam.
- If you see paper under the platen or roller, unplug the printer.
- Pull the paper toward you. …
- Look at the configurations in the printer software and the drivers.
Why is my printer not responding to my computer?
Check your antivirus and firewall. In some cases, the Printer not responding message can appear due to your antivirus or firewall. This usually occurs if you’re using a Wi-Fi or network printer. To check if your antivirus is the problem, we advise you to disable it temporarily and check if that helps.
Is there a reset button on HP printers?
To restore your HP printer to factory-default settings, follow these steps. Turn the printer off. Disconnect the power cable from the printer for 30 seconds and then reconnect. Turn the printer on while you press and hold the Resume button for 10-20 seconds.
How do I clear the error code on my HP printer?
To temporarily clear the error, reset the printer.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the power source.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer. note: HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.