How do I get rid of toner low on Brother printer?
- Power on the Brother printer.
- Open the toner access door located at the front of the printer.
- Press the “Clear/Back” button.
- Scroll through the list of toner cartridges until you have located the one that is giving the “Replace Toner” message.
- Press the “1” button to reset the toner cartridge display.
Why does my Brother printer keep saying replace toner?
If you install a new genuine Brother toner cartridge but the “Toner Low”, “Replace Toner” or “Toner Ended” error indication remains, the toner cartridge may not be installed correctly. … Confirm that you have installed both a toner cartridge and a drum unit in the machine.
How do you clear the replace toner message on a Brother MFC 7860dw?
Brother MFC7360N MFC7860DW Toner Counter Reset
- Open the front panel of your Brother MFC-7360N or MFC-7860DW Multifunction printer.
- Press the Clear/Back button. A display message will then show “REPLACE DRUM? …
- Do not type 1 or 2, this is not the command you should enter. …
- Close the front door.
How do you trick printer into thinking it has toner?
Insert the sticky note piece into the side so that it isn’t in the way of any gears, but blocks the sensor. Once fully inserted your toner should be good to go. Just plug it back into your printer and enjoy another 20-40 percent more toner that is still sitting in the cartridge.
How do you trick a brother toner cartridge?
A simple trick on many Brother printers showing a “low toner” warning is to simply pop the cartridge out of the printer, wait a moment, and push it back in. This resets the printer memory and tells the machine to “look again” at toner levels. This can allow you to get more out of your Brother toner cartridge.
How do I know if my printer needs toner?
The most obvious sign of low toner cartridge is poor print quality. Streaking, lines or missed prints are all possible signs that cartridge replacement is imminent. If you have tried rocking the toner cartridge and are still getting poor prints, it is likely time to replace your cartridge.
How do I extend the life of my brother toner cartridge?
Tape over the toner window.
- Remove the cartridge from the printer.
- Locate the 2 windows that display the amount of ink left.
- Place electrical tape over the windows to trick the printer into thinking there is more toner left to use. In many cases, you will be able to use the cartridge for another 100 or so pages.
How do I reset my Brother printer?
Press the Up arrow key select Reset.
- Press the Settings button.
- Press All Settings.
- Press Initial Setup.
- Press Reset.
- Press All Settings or Factory Reset (depends on which model you have).
- Press Yes.
- Press Yes again and hold for two seconds.
How do I reset my Brother MFC 7840w toner?
Steps to Reset Brother MFC-7840W Laser Printer Toner Cartridge
- Step 1 – Open the front door where you access the toner.
- Step 2 – Press the Clear/Back button. You will be shown a dialogue “REPLACE DRUM? …
- Step 3 – DO not type in 1 or 2! …
- Step 4 – Close the front door. …
- Step 5 – Let the printer take time, refresh you desktop and then check again the toner level.
How can I extend my toner life?
Store unused HP toner cartridges properly to extend their life. Keep the cartridges sealed in the original packaging until you need to use them. Stock toner cartridges in an upright position in a cool dry indoor place. Use the older toner cartridges first.
How do you reset toner?
To reset the ‘Toner Life End’ / ‘Replace Toner’ message on Brother DCP, MFC and HL colour printers:
- With the printer powered on, open the toner access door. …
- Press the ‘Clear/Back’ button to get to the ‘Reset Menu’
- At the Reset Menu you can then scroll through the reset options for your printer’s toner cartridges.