How do I get my HP printer back online?
Go to the Start icon on the bottom left of your screen then choose Control Panel and then Devices and Printers. Right click the printer in question and select “See what’s printing”. From the window that opens choose “Printer” from the menu bar at the top. Select “Use Printer Online” from the drop down menu.
Why does my HP printer say it is offline?
Your printer might appear offline if it can’t communicate with your PC. … Select Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners. Then select your printer > Open queue. Under Printer, make sure Use Printer Offline is not selected.
How do I fix my HP printer is offline Windows 10?
How can I fix the Printer Offline errors in Windows 10?
- Reinstall your printer drivers.
- Check if you’re using a VPN connection.
- Change printer settings.
- Restart the Print Spooler service.
- Change printer properties.
- Install the latest updates.
- Add a second printer device.
What do you do if printer says offline?
Change a printer’s status from “offline” to “online”
- Check to make sure the printer is turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your PC. …
- Verify that your printer is not in Use Printer Offline mode. …
- If these steps don’t put your printer back online, then read Troubleshooting offline printer problems.
Why does my printer go offline?
If your printer is showing an offline message, it means it’s having a hard time communicating with your computer. There can be a number of reasons for this, from connectivity issues, to a fault with your printer. Whatever the reason, there are several checks you can do to determine which issue you’re facing.
Why is my HP printer not responding?
Resetting the printing system might help resolve issues if you receive a Printer Offline or Printer Not Responding error message. … Click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners. Right-click (or Control + click) anywhere inside the Printers window, and then click Reset printing system.
How do I reset my HP printer?
1 Restore Defaults
- From the screen on your printer, navigate to Setup.
- Tap Tools.
- Tap Restore Defaults.
- Tap Yes.
- The printer will restart.
- Once restarted, your printer will have been reset to factory default settings.
How do I reconnect my HP wireless printer?
Click the name of your printer, and then click Options & Supplies. Click Utility, and then click Open Printer Utility. In HP Utility, click Wireless Setup. Make sure your network displays on the Confirm Wireless Settings window, and then click Continue to complete the wireless configuration.
How do I fix printer in error state?
How do I get my printer out of an error state?
- Make ports settings changes. Press the Windows logo key + R on your keyboard > type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter to open the Device Manager. …
- Make sure that your printer is Online. …
- Reinstall the printer driver. …
- Set the Print Spooler service to automatic. …
- Update Windows.
How do I get my printer off offline?
To check this, you can open the printer queue by visiting Devices and Printers in the Control Panel and then double clicking on the printer. You need to click on the printer shown in the menu bar and uncheck Use Printer Offline and Pause Printing checkboxes.
Why is my printer not responding to my computer?
Check your antivirus and firewall. In some cases, the Printer not responding message can appear due to your antivirus or firewall. This usually occurs if you’re using a Wi-Fi or network printer. To check if your antivirus is the problem, we advise you to disable it temporarily and check if that helps.