How do I get my computer to recognize my printer?
Add a Local Printer
- Connect the printer to your computer using the USB cable and turn it on.
- Open the Settings app from the Start menu.
- Click Devices.
- Click Add a printer or scanner.
- If Windows detects your printer, click on the name of the printer and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation.
How do I connect my HP wireless printer to my computer?
Connect to a Wireless HP Printer
- Step 1: Connect the printer to the Wi-Fi network. Before you can wirelessly print, connect the printer to the same local wireless network your computer or mobile device is on. …
- Step 2: Connect the printer to your computer or mobile device. Install the HP software or HP Smart app to complete the printer connection.
Will a wireless printer work with any computer?
Wireless Printers can be used with desktop or laptop computers that are connected to your home network via an ethernet cable. However, wireless printers can also can be used to print from any wireless device such as a tablet or even your cell phone.
Why won’t my wireless printer connect to my computer?
Make sure the printer is on or that it has power. Connect your printer to your computer or other device. Check the printer’s toner and paper, plus the printer queue. … In this case, reconnect your device to the network, reconfigure security settings to include printers, and/or install updated drivers.
Why can’t my PC find my wireless printer?
Click Start and go to Settings – Devices – Printers & scanners. If you don’t see your printer listed in the main window, click the Add a printer or scanner option and wait while Windows tries to detect your printer — make sure it’s connected to your PC and switched on.
Why is my HP printer not connecting to my computer?
Make sure the printer, router, and computer are on. Make sure the computer and printer are connected to the same wireless network. Disconnect any USB or Ethernet cables from the printer. On the printer control panel, touch the Setup, Network, or Wireless menu.
How do I get my printer to connect wirelessly?
- Make sure your Android device is connected to the same wireless network that you want to connect your printer to.
- Go to 123.hp.com from a browser on your phone or tablet and install the HP Smart app.
- Turn on the printer. …
- Prepare the printer for a wireless network connection.