How do I get my computer to recognize my printer?
Add a Local Printer
- Connect the printer to your computer using the USB cable and turn it on.
- Open the Settings app from the Start menu.
- Click Devices.
- Click Add a printer or scanner.
- If Windows detects your printer, click on the name of the printer and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation.
How do I connect my HP printer to my computer?
In Windows, search for and open Control Panel. Click Devices and Printers, and then click Add a printer. Select Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer. On the Select a printer window, select your printer, click Next, and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
Why is my wireless printer not responding to my computer?
Outdated printer drivers can cause the Printer not responding message to appear. However, you can fix that problem simply by installing the latest drivers for your printer. The simplest way to do that is to use the Device Manager. Windows will try to download a suitable driver for your printer.
Why can’t my PC find my wireless printer?
Click Start and go to Settings – Devices – Printers & scanners. If you don’t see your printer listed in the main window, click the Add a printer or scanner option and wait while Windows tries to detect your printer — make sure it’s connected to your PC and switched on.
Do wireless printers need to be connected to a computer?
Wireless. As the name implies, a wireless printer doesn’t need to be plugged into anything other than a power source to operate properly. Communication between the printer and the computer or network is established through either a Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connection.
How do I fix printer not connected?
Fix 1: Check the printer connection
- Restart your printer. Power off and then power on your printer to restart it. …
- Check the connection issue. If your printer is connected by the USB cable, ensure the cable is not damaged, and it connects firmly and correctly. …
- Check the network connection.
Why is my HP printer not responding to my computer?
Resetting the printing system might help resolve issues if you receive a Printer Offline or Printer Not Responding error message. … Click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners. Right-click (or Control + click) anywhere inside the Printers window, and then click Reset printing system.