How do I connect my phone with a USB printer?
Connect one end of a USB cable to the USB port on the rear of the printer and the other end of the USB cable into the USB port on the OTG cable. Plug the micro-USB connector of the OTG cable into the micro-USB port on your Android device. An HP Print Service Plugin window displays on the Android device.
How do I connect my Android phone to a USB printer?
Make the Connection
- Turn on the printer.
- Connect one end of the USB cable to the printer and the other end to the USB OTG. …
- A plugin should pop-up on your Android phone.
- Tap “OK” to activate it for printing.
- Navigate to the photo or document you would like to print.
Can Mobile be connected to printer?
Most Android phones have printing capabilities built in, but if your device isn’t giving you an option to connect, you’ll have to download the Google Cloud Print app. … They can also connect seamlessly to your Apple or Android device for quick and efficient printing.
How do I print directly from my phone?
How to print using Google Cloud Print
- Open the Settings app on your Android phone and type “Printing” in the search box. …
- Tap on Cloud Print. …
- Tap the menu button on the top right-hand corner and select Add printer.
- Cloud Print will automatically search for printers connected to your Wi-Fi network.
How do I connect my printer via WIFI?
- Make sure your Android device is connected to the same wireless network that you want to connect your printer to.
- Go to 123.hp.com from a browser on your phone or tablet and install the HP Smart app.
- Turn on the printer. …
- Prepare the printer for a wireless network connection.
How do I enable USB host mode?
To use an attached USB device you need to have:
- A USB OTG (USB On-The-Go) cable.
- USB Host Mode drivers loaded on your device.
- A version of the Android operating system loaded on that device that supports USB Host Mode.
- An Android device (eg phone or tablet) that has built-in hardware support for USB Host Mode.
How do I connect my HP printer to my laptop with USB?
USB connection to your computer
- Make sure your computer is turned on and connected to the Internet.
- Turn on the printer.
- Connect a USB cable to the USB port on the rear of the printer , and then to the computer.
- If a Found new hardware window displays, follow any prompts to install the driver, and then try to print.
What does a USB OTG cable look like?
An OTG cable has a micro-A plug on one end, and a micro-B plug on the other end (it cannot have two plugs of the same type). OTG adds a fifth pin to the standard USB connector, called the ID-pin; the micro-A plug has the ID pin grounded, while the ID in the micro-B plug is floating.
How do I connect my phone to my HP printer?
Add a printer using Wi-Fi Direct
On your Android device, open the item you want to print, tap the menu icon , and then tap Print. A print preview screen displays. Next to Select a printer, tap the down arrow to view the printer list, and then tap All printers. Tap Add printer, and then tap HP Print Service or HP Inc.
How do I connect my phone to a network printer?
First, you will need to be connected to the same wireless network as the printer in question. Go to Settings | Printing and then tap the menu button (three vertical dots in the upper right hand corner). Tap Add Service and then (if prompted) select the Google Play Store.
Which printers are compatible with AirPrint?
AirPrint began with a collaboration between Apple and Hewlett Packard, but the technology has now been licensed to a number of printer manufacturers. Brother, Canon, Epson, Dell, HP, Lexmark, Lenovo and Samsung all have printers enabled with AirPrint.