How do I change my default printer?
Change the Default Printer
- In the lower-left corner of your screen, click the Windows [Start] button > From the side panel, click the gear-shaped [Settings] icon > Select “Devices”. …
- Select the printer you wish to set as the default > Click [Manage] > Click [Set as default].
How do I change the default printer in Word?
From the printer properties, change to the Paper tab and select Auto Selection from Paper Source option. Besides, in the MS Word’s Menu bar, click Tools > Option. Then choose the Printer tab. On the default paper tray option, choose Use Default Printer Setting.
How do I change my printer settings to color?
How to Set Printer Preferences
- Choose Start→Devices and Printers (in the Hardware and Sound group). …
- Right-click a printer and then choose Printing Preferences. …
- Click any of the tabs to display various settings, such as Color.
How do I change the default printer in the registry?
- Open the Registry Editor (Right mouse click Windows Start → Run → regedit)
- Navigate to this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWindows.
- For name “LegacyDefaultPrinterMode” set the “Value data:” to “1” to return to the old Default printer behavior in Windows 10.
How do I change my default printer settings in Windows 10?
To choose a default printer, select the Start button and then Settings . Go to Devices > Printers & scanners > select a printer > Manage. Then select Set as default. If you have Let Windows manage my default printer selected, you’ll need to deselect it before you can choose a default printer on your own.
How do I change my printer from save to print?
From the printing dialog of Chrome click the Change button and change from Save as PDF to your printer, then it should print instead of saving the file.
How do I change the default printer in Office 365?
The “Drop Down” menu in Office 365 should now display all of your Devices and Printers.
This is a straightforward Windows procedure:
- From the Start screen, search for “Printers”.
- Click on “Devices and Printers”.
- Select the printer you want to set as your default and right-click on it.
- Choose “Set as default printer”.
How do I turn off grayscale printing?
Make sure that you have unchecked the option “Print in grayscale” from the Advanced Print dialog box and make sure that from the main Print dialog box>Advanced>Output>Color, GrayscaleComposite Gray is not selected.
How do I change the color settings on my HP printer?
Change the color options (Windows)
Select the printer, and then click the Properties or Preferences button. Click the Color tab. Clear the HP EasyColor check box. In the Color Options area, click the Manual option, and then click the Settings button.
How do I enable color printing?
Tips. To re-enable the color settings for the printer, open the Printing Preferences window for the printer in “Devices and Printers,” click the “Color” tab for the printer, enable the “Print in Color” option and click “OK.”
Why can’t I set my printer as default?
1. Click Start and select “Devices Printers”2. Right click on the name of your printer and select “see what’s printing”3. … Then select “Set As Default Printer” on the main menu, note if it is already opened up as administrator, then you may not see the option to open it as administrator.
Where are printer settings stored in registry?
Double-click “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SYSTEM | CurrentControlSet | Control |Print | Printers.” Each of your locally-installed printers should be listed here in labeled folders.