Why is my HP printer saying its offline?
Your printer might appear offline if it can’t communicate with your PC. … Your printer’s built-in menu should show which network it’s connected to, or check your printer’s manual for more info. Verify that your printer is not in Use Printer Offline mode. Select Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners.
How do I get my HP printer off offline mode?
- Click “Start,” then click the “Devices and Printers” folder.
- Right-click the icon for your Hewlett-Packard printer. …
- Click the “Printer” menu in the window that opens and uncheck “Use Printer Offline.” Any items in the print queue for your HP printer will print.
How do I get my HP printer connected to the Internet?
Connect to a Wireless HP Printer
- On the printer, press and hold the Wireless button for five seconds or until the light starts blinking. …
- Within two minutes, press and hold the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button on the router until the connection process begins.
What do I do if my HP printer is in error state?
How do I get my printer out of an error state?
- Make ports settings changes. Press the Windows logo key + R on your keyboard > type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter to open the Device Manager. …
- Make sure that your printer is Online. …
- Reinstall the printer driver. …
- Set the Print Spooler service to automatic. …
- Update Windows.
Why does my printer keep saying its offline?
If your printer is showing an offline message, it means it’s having a hard time communicating with your computer. There can be a number of reasons for this, from connectivity issues, to a fault with your printer. Whatever the reason, there are several checks you can do to determine which issue you’re facing.
Why is my HP printer not responding?
Resetting the printing system might help resolve issues if you receive a Printer Offline or Printer Not Responding error message. … Click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners. Right-click (or Control + click) anywhere inside the Printers window, and then click Reset printing system.
How do I stop my printer from going offline?
How to Keep a Printer From Switching to Offline
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Double-click the Printers and Faxes or Printers and Devices icon.
- Right-click the icon for the printer that keeps switching to offline mode and choose Properties from the contextual menu that appears.
- Go to the Ports tab at the top of the pop-up window.
How do you get a printer offline?
Choose your printer and right-click on the icon that represents it. Select “See What’s Printing” and you’ll see the print spooler window pop up. From this window, you may see a checkmark next to an option that says “Use Printer Offline”. Select “Printer” → “Use Printer Offline” to remove the checkmark.
How do I deselect a printer offline?
Open the printer queue by going to Devices and Printers in Control Panel and double-clicking on the printer. Here you want to click on Printer in the menu bar and then make sure to uncheck Pause Printing and Use Printer Offline.
How do I reset my HP printer?
1 Restore Defaults
- From the screen on your printer, navigate to Setup.
- Tap Tools.
- Tap Restore Defaults.
- Tap Yes.
- The printer will restart.
- Once restarted, your printer will have been reset to factory default settings.
Why won’t my printer connect to my wifi?
Make sure the printer is on or that it has power. Connect your printer to your computer or other device. Check the printer’s toner and paper, plus the printer queue. … In this case, reconnect your device to the network, reconfigure security settings to include printers, and/or install updated drivers.
Why is my printer not connecting to my computer?
First, try restarting your computer, printer and wireless router. To check if your printer is connected to your network: Print a Wireless Network Test report from the printer control panel. … You may need to connect your printer to your network again.
How do I put printer back online?
Go to the Start icon on the bottom left of your screen then choose Control Panel and then Devices and Printers. Right click the printer in question and select “See what’s printing”. From the window that opens choose “Printer” from the menu bar at the top. Select “Use Printer Online” from the drop down menu.
How do I clear the error code on my HP printer?
To temporarily clear the error, reset the printer.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the power source.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer. note: HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.