Why will my printer print but not scan?
Printer scanning to computer may not work because scan to PC setting is either disabled. The other reason behind scan function not working can be that the complete drivers are not installed on the system or PC.
How do I fix my printer that won’t scan?
How to Fix an HP Printer That Doesn’t Scan
- Check Platform Compatibility. …
- Reset the Printer. …
- Reinstall the HP Printer Software. …
- Open the HP Print and Scan Troubleshooter. …
- Check that the Windows Image Acquisition Service is Enabled. …
- Turn Off Windows Defender Firewall. …
- Reset the HP Printer & Scanner to Factory Default Settings.
Why is my scanner not working on my HP printer?
A missing or outdated scanner driver can cause your HP scanner not working, so you should update your scanner driver up to date. There are two ways to update your scanner driver: manually and automatically. … Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
How do I enable my HP printer to scan?
Enable scanning to a computer (Windows)
- Open the HP Printer Assistant. Windows 10: From the Start menu, click All Apps, click HP, and then select the printer name. …
- Go to the Scan section.
- Select Manage Scan to Computer.
- Click Enable.
How do I reset my HP printer?
1 Restore Defaults
- From the screen on your printer, navigate to Setup.
- Tap Tools.
- Tap Restore Defaults.
- Tap Yes.
- The printer will restart.
- Once restarted, your printer will have been reset to factory default settings.
How do I update my HP printer?
Install updates through the HP Smart app. Use the HP Smart app for Windows, Android, Apple iOS, and Mac to check for and install printer updates. Download and install the HP Smart app on your computer, smartphone, or tablet if you have not already installed it.
How do I get my HP printer to scan to PDF?
Save a scan as a PDF
- Load the document or photo you want to scan.
- Click Advanced Scan, and then click Document Scanning.
- Adjust any scan settings, and then click Scan.
- Under File Format, click the drop-down menu, and then click PDF.
How do I enable scan to computer in Windows 10?
Click Scanner Actions, and then click Manage Scan to Computer. Click Enable to activate the scan to computer option.
How do I scan from my HP wireless printer to my computer?
For wireless printer setup and connection, get help connecting the printer wirelessly.
- Software is required to scan a document. …
- Download HP Easy Scan from the App Store.
- Load the item on the scanner glass or in the automatic document feeder (ADF), depending on your printer type and features. …
- Click Scan.
Where can I scan documents?
You’re never away from the office with Copy & Print. You can access the cloud, make copies, scan documents, send faxes, shred files and use the computer rental station at a Staples location. With a Staples store always nearby, we’re your office on the go. Connect anytime through our custom print kiosk.
How do I fix HP printer errors?
How to Fix HP Printer Errors
- Ensure that the HP printer cables are properly connected. …
- Check the HP printer cartridges and print heads to ensure that they’re installed properly. …
- Make sure that the HP printer’s software is properly installed. …
- See if your computer’s firewall is preventing the HP printer from functioning properly.
How do I get my HP printer out of error state?
How do I get my printer out of an error state?
- Make ports settings changes. Press the Windows logo key + R on your keyboard > type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter to open the Device Manager. …
- Make sure that your printer is Online. …
- Reinstall the printer driver. …
- Set the Print Spooler service to automatic. …
- Update Windows.