How do I get my computer to recognize my printer?
Add a Local Printer
- Connect the printer to your computer using the USB cable and turn it on.
- Open the Settings app from the Start menu.
- Click Devices.
- Click Add a printer or scanner.
- If Windows detects your printer, click on the name of the printer and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation.
Why won’t my laptop connect to my printer?
Troubleshoot Wireless Printer Problems
Set your printer as the default printer. Restart all your devices. … Uninstall and reinstall printer driver and software. Uninstall and reinstall the printer.
Why is my computer not detecting my printer?
If your PC is not able to detect it over your USB connection, restart your printer, computer, as well as verify the USB connection. After turning off your computer and printer, disconnect the cable from your PC. … Then, turn on your printer. Wait for Windows to install the new device.
Why is my wireless printer not responding to my computer?
Outdated printer drivers can cause the Printer not responding message to appear. However, you can fix that problem simply by installing the latest drivers for your printer. The simplest way to do that is to use the Device Manager. Windows will try to download a suitable driver for your printer.
Why won’t my HP printer connect to my computer?
Make sure the printer, router, and computer are on. Make sure the computer and printer are connected to the same wireless network. Disconnect any USB or Ethernet cables from the printer. On the printer control panel, touch the Setup, Network, or Wireless menu.
Why can’t my laptop find my wireless printer?
Run the printer troubleshooter. If your computer can’t detect your wireless printer, you can also try to fix the problem by running the built-in printer troubleshooter. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshooter >run the printer troubleshooter.
How do you reconnect a wireless printer?
- Make sure your Android device is connected to the same wireless network that you want to connect your printer to.
- Go to 123.hp.com from a browser on your phone or tablet and install the HP Smart app.
- Turn on the printer. …
- Prepare the printer for a wireless network connection.