How do I get my printer to stop spooling?
In the Command Prompt type, net stop spooler, then press Enter to Stop the Print Spooler. In the Command Prompt type, net start spooler, then press Enter to Start the Print Spooler.
What does it mean when a print job is spooling?
Printer spooling enables you to send large document files or a series of them to a printer, without needing to wait until the current task is finished. Think of it as a buffer or cache. It’s a place that your documents can “line up” and get ready to be printed after a previous printing task is completed.
Should I Enable printer spooling?
This is called printer spooling. However, the printer spooling service must be enabled before you can print your business documents. If the print spooler is not running, you will receive an error that says, “The print spooler service is not running,” when you try to send a document to the printer.
What does printer error spooling mean?
The print spooler helps your Windows computer interact with the printer, and orders the print jobs in your queue. If you see any error message about the print spooler, this tool has been corrupted or is failing to interact correctly with other software.
Why is printer spooling slow?
Another cause might be that the disk drive is simply not large enough. Print jobs typically grow multiple times in size when they are rendered, so this problem can occur when multiple print jobs are submitted for spooling simultaneously. Therefore, make sure that the hard disk isn’t too small.
How do I clear my printer queue?
Right-click any document and select “Cancel” to remove an individual print job. Alternatively, click “Printer” and select “Cancel All Documents” to remove all print jobs.
How do you fix spooling?
To solve this error, try the following steps.
- Press “Window key” + “R” to open the Run dialog.
- Type “services. msc“, then select “OK“.
- Double-click the “Printer Spooler” service, and then change the startup type to “Automatic“. …
- Restart the computer and try to install the printer again.
What does spooling mean?
In computing, spooling is a specialized form of multi-programming for the purpose of copying data between different devices. In contemporary systems, it is usually used for mediating between a computer application and a slow peripheral, such as a printer. … Spooling is a combination of buffering and queueing.
What are the advantages of spooling?
Advantages. The spooling operation uses a disk as a very large buffer. Spooling is capable of overlapping I/O operation for one job with processor operations for another job.
Why does printer take forever to print?
The most common way that printers are networked is through print servers. Print servers can cause slow printing because they are a single point through which all print jobs are being sent and processed. So if there are inefficiencies in this one point, the printing can become inefficient in the entire network.
How do I restart my printer spooler?
How to restart the Print Spooler
- Scroll down the list and click or tap on Print Spooler.
- Click or tap on Restart the service.
- Windows will attempt to start the service.
- Once the Print Spooler status is Running (example below). The Print Spooler service is started.
How do I fix a delayed printer?
- Update your printer driver. …
- Reinstall the printer driver. …
- Assign a new IP address to your printer. …
- Set the printer pointing to the port. …
- Stop the Print Spooler service and clear the printers directory. …
- Remove the WSD port and switch to the TCP/IP. …
- Change the printing settings in Word. …
- Disconnect your printer.
How do I clear the print spooler on my HP printer?
The Services menu opens. Right-click Print Spooler and select Stop. After the service has been stopped, close the service window and use Windows Explorer to browse to C:WindowsSystem32SpoolPRINTERS. Delete all files inside the PRINTERS folder.