Why is my HP printer not printing anything?
1) Make sure your HP printer has enough paper in the paper tray. If there is paper then make sure none of it is stuck or jammed in the paper feed. … New HP printers will easily display the ink levels or if there is an ink issue on the front screen of the HP printer.
How do I get my HP printer to print?
How to print (Windows)
- Select the file you want to print and open the file so it appears on your computer screen.
- Press the Ctrl and P buttons on your keyboard at the same time.
- Once the printing pop-up menu appears on your computer screen, select the printer you intend to send the job to.
Why is my printer connected but not printing?
First, make sure the printer is on and has paper in the tray. … Next, check to make sure the printer cable is properly connected to both the computer and the printer. If you still can’t print, check to make sure the printer is not set to offline mode. Go to Start, Printers and Faxes.
How do I fix my printer not printing?
- Unplug and restart your printer.
- Check cables or wireless connection.
- Uninstall and reinstall your printer.
- Install the latest driver for your printer.
- Run the printing troubleshooter.
- Clear and reset the print spooler.
- Fix printer problems after updating Windows 10.
- Change a printer’s status to “online”
How do I fix my HP printer that won’t print?
Make sure your devices are properly connected with each other, and the network or the cable you use to connect these devices is normal. You can also try restarting your HP printer. Turn it off completely and unplug the power cord, leave it for a couple of minutes, and then plug the cord back and power on the printer.
How do I run a diagnostic on my HP printer?
- Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.
- Once HP Print and Scan Doctor is open, click Start, and then choose your printer.
- Depending on the problem, click either Fix Printing or Fix Scanning.
- Test results are displayed with icons:
How do I reset my HP printer?
1 Restore Defaults
- From the screen on your printer, navigate to Setup.
- Tap Tools.
- Tap Restore Defaults.
- Tap Yes.
- The printer will restart.
- Once restarted, your printer will have been reset to factory default settings.
What software do I need to scan on my HP printer?
If your printer does not have a document feeder and the scanner glass does not support the size of your original, use the HP Smart app to scan with your mobile device camera or computer webcam. For more information, go to Using the HP Smart App (Android, iOS) or Using the HP Smart App (Windows 10).
How do I get my printer to print?
What to Do When Your Printer Won’t Print a Document
- Check Your Printer’s Error Lights. …
- Clear the Printer Queue. …
- Solidify the Connection. …
- Ensure You Have the Right Printer. …
- Install the Drivers and Software. …
- Add Printer. …
- Check that Paper Is Installed (Not Jammed) …
- Fiddle with the Ink Cartridges.
How come when I click print nothing happens?
A common issue is that after clicking Print, the Print Settings window disappears, and nothing happens. No printout is generated. The #1 reason this happens is because pop-ups are blocked by the internet browser. … If printouts can be made from another application then pop-ups are likely blocked.
How do I get my network printer back online?
Verify that your printer is not in Use Printer Offline mode. Select Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners. Then select your printer > Open queue. Under Printer, make sure Use Printer Offline is not selected.