How do I get my HP printer back online?
Search Windows for devices, and then click Devices and Printers from the list of results. Right-click the name of the HP printer that is active (not grayed out), and then select Set as Default printer. Try to print. If the printer remains offline, continue to the next step.
Why does my printer say it is offline?
If your printer is showing an offline message, it means it’s having a hard time communicating with your computer. There can be a number of reasons for this, from connectivity issues, to a fault with your printer. Whatever the reason, there are several checks you can do to determine which issue you’re facing.
How do I get my HP printer off offline mode?
- Click “Start,” then click the “Devices and Printers” folder.
- Right-click the icon for your Hewlett-Packard printer. …
- Click the “Printer” menu in the window that opens and uncheck “Use Printer Offline.” Any items in the print queue for your HP printer will print.
How do I get a printer back online?
How to get your printer back online.
- Turn off the printer and unplug the power cord from the printer itself.
- Turn off the computer.
- Wait 30 seconds and turn on the computer.
- Plug the printer power cord back into the printer and turn the printer on.
- Check the functionality of the printer.
How do I stop my printer from going offline?
How to Keep a Printer From Switching to Offline
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Double-click the Printers and Faxes or Printers and Devices icon.
- Right-click the icon for the printer that keeps switching to offline mode and choose Properties from the contextual menu that appears.
- Go to the Ports tab at the top of the pop-up window.
Why is my printer not responding to my computer?
Check your antivirus and firewall. In some cases, the Printer not responding message can appear due to your antivirus or firewall. This usually occurs if you’re using a Wi-Fi or network printer. To check if your antivirus is the problem, we advise you to disable it temporarily and check if that helps.
How do I reset my HP printer?
1 Restore Defaults
- From the screen on your printer, navigate to Setup.
- Tap Tools.
- Tap Restore Defaults.
- Tap Yes.
- The printer will restart.
- Once restarted, your printer will have been reset to factory default settings.
How do I connect my printer via WIFI?
- Make sure your Android device is connected to the same wireless network that you want to connect your printer to.
- Go to 123.hp.com from a browser on your phone or tablet and install the HP Smart app.
- Turn on the printer. …
- Prepare the printer for a wireless network connection.
How do I get my HP DeskJet 2600 back online?
Press the Window button on the keyboard, type Control in the search box and then click on Control Panel. Go to the Devices and Printers section. Right-click on your HP DeskJet 2600 Printer and select See what’s printing. Click on the Printer button and then select the Use Printer Online.
Why can’t I uncheck Use printer offline?
From the queue window, select Printer and uncheck the Use Printer Offline option (if the Use Printer Offline option is off, check the option, leave it a few seconds, and uncheck it). Check if the printer is correctly connected to your computer (unplug the USB cable and plug it in again).
How do I get my HP printer out of error state?
How do I get my printer out of an error state?
- Make ports settings changes. Press the Windows logo key + R on your keyboard > type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter to open the Device Manager. …
- Make sure that your printer is Online. …
- Reinstall the printer driver. …
- Set the Print Spooler service to automatic. …
- Update Windows.
How do I get my Samsung printer back online?
On your computer, open Control Panel, and then click Devices and Printers. Right-click the printer displaying “Offline”, and then click Printer Properties. In the Printer Properties window, click the Ports tab. Make sure that your printer port is checked, and then click Configure Port.