How do I get a printer back online?
How to get your printer back online.
- Turn off the printer and unplug the power cord from the printer itself.
- Turn off the computer.
- Wait 30 seconds and turn on the computer.
- Plug the printer power cord back into the printer and turn the printer on.
- Check the functionality of the printer.
What does it mean when a printer is offline?
If your printer is showing an offline message, it means it’s having a hard time communicating with your computer. There can be a number of reasons for this, from connectivity issues, to a fault with your printer. Whatever the reason, there are several checks you can do to determine which issue you’re facing.
How do you fix an offline printer?
Search Windows for devices, and then click Devices and Printers from the list of results. Right-click the name of the HP printer that is active (not grayed out), and then select Set as Default printer. Try to print. If the printer remains offline, continue to the next step.
Why is my Canon printer offline?
Select the Start icon, then select Devices and Printers. Right-click on the printer icon and select See what’s printing in the drop-down menu. Select the Printer tab, then Use Printer Offline to uncheck it. The printer will now be used online.
How do I get my Samsung printer back online?
On your computer, open Control Panel, and then click Devices and Printers. Right-click the printer displaying “Offline”, and then click Printer Properties. In the Printer Properties window, click the Ports tab. Make sure that your printer port is checked, and then click Configure Port.
How do I connect my printer via WIFI?
- Make sure your Android device is connected to the same wireless network that you want to connect your printer to.
- Go to 123.hp.com from a browser on your phone or tablet and install the HP Smart app.
- Turn on the printer. …
- Prepare the printer for a wireless network connection.
How do you change a printer from offline to online?
How to Change a Printer from Offline to Online
- Open the Start menu and click on the “Devices and Printers” icon. This will open a window with a list of the printers currently set up on your computer.
- Double-click on the icon of the printer you want to change to online. …
- Click on “Printer: Offline” and the Printer menu will appear.
How do I get my printer off offline?
To check this, you can open the printer queue by visiting Devices and Printers in the Control Panel and then double clicking on the printer. You need to click on the printer shown in the menu bar and uncheck Use Printer Offline and Pause Printing checkboxes.
Why does my wireless printer keep going offline?
Your printer might appear offline if it can’t communicate with your PC. … Your printer’s built-in menu should show which network it’s connected to, or check your printer’s manual for more info. Verify that your printer is not in Use Printer Offline mode. Select Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners.
How do I clear my printer queue?
In the Services window, right-click Print Spooler, and then select Stop. After the service stops, close the Services window. In Windows, search for and open C:WindowsSystem32SpoolPRINTERS. Delete all files in the PRINTERS folder.
How do you fix a printer?
How to Fix Everything For Dummies
- Look for a loose connection or damaged cable. …
- Check inside the printer for a paper jam.
- If you see paper under the platen or roller, unplug the printer.
- Pull the paper toward you. …
- Look at the configurations in the printer software and the drivers.
Why can’t I uncheck Use printer offline?
From the queue window, select Printer and uncheck the Use Printer Offline option (if the Use Printer Offline option is off, check the option, leave it a few seconds, and uncheck it). Check if the printer is correctly connected to your computer (unplug the USB cable and plug it in again).
Why is my Canon printer not responding?
In most cases, the major culprit behind printer not responding error is lack of communication between your PC and printer. If that is the issue, then below are a few steps that might help you to resolve the issue. Press on the Setup button on your wireless Canon printer, go to Wireless LAN setup, and click on OK.
How do I reinstall my Canon printer?
Reinstall the printer driver
- Go to Canon Support.
- Type the name of your product in the search box.
- When the product appears, select Go > then Drivers & Downloads > then scroll down Select the driver(s) for your product > then Download.
- Open each file after it downloads.