How do I get a printer back online?
How to get your printer back online.
- Turn off the printer and unplug the power cord from the printer itself.
- Turn off the computer.
- Wait 30 seconds and turn on the computer.
- Plug the printer power cord back into the printer and turn the printer on.
- Check the functionality of the printer.
Why does my printer keep saying its offline?
If your printer is showing an offline message, it means it’s having a hard time communicating with your computer. There can be a number of reasons for this, from connectivity issues, to a fault with your printer. Whatever the reason, there are several checks you can do to determine which issue you’re facing.
How do I get my printer off offline mode?
The first step is to click the Start button at the bottom-left corner of your screen, then click Devices and Printers. Right-click the printer that is showing as offline, then click See what’s printing. Click the Printer link at the top of this window, then click the Use Printer Offline option to remove the check mark.21 мая 2012 г.
How do you wake up a printer that is offline?
Select Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners. Then select your printer > Open queue. Under Printer, make sure Use Printer Offline is not selected.
Why can’t I uncheck Use printer offline?
From the queue window, select Printer and uncheck the Use Printer Offline option (if the Use Printer Offline option is off, check the option, leave it a few seconds, and uncheck it). Check if the printer is correctly connected to your computer (unplug the USB cable and plug it in again).
How do I get my Samsung printer back online?
On your computer, open Control Panel, and then click Devices and Printers. Right-click the printer displaying “Offline”, and then click Printer Properties. In the Printer Properties window, click the Ports tab. Make sure that your printer port is checked, and then click Configure Port.
How do I fix an offline HP printer?
Search Windows for devices, and then click Devices and Printers from the list of results. Right-click the name of the HP printer that is active (not grayed out), and then select Set as Default printer. Try to print. If the printer remains offline, continue to the next step.
Why is my printer not responding to my computer?
Check your antivirus and firewall. In some cases, the Printer not responding message can appear due to your antivirus or firewall. This usually occurs if you’re using a Wi-Fi or network printer. To check if your antivirus is the problem, we advise you to disable it temporarily and check if that helps.
Why is my HP printer offline and not printing?
Make sure the printer’s print queue is not set to print offline. … Right-click the printer and select See what’s printing. Select Printer, and then select to clear any selections next to Pause Printing or Use Printer Offline, if selected.
How do I get my computer to go from offline to online?
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Start Internet Explorer.
- On the File menu, determine whether the Work Offline option is enabled. …
- On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
- In the Internet Options dialog box, click the Connections tab.
- Make sure that the Never dial a connection option is selected.
How do I connect my printer via WIFI?
- Make sure your Android device is connected to the same wireless network that you want to connect your printer to.
- Go to 123.hp.com from a browser on your phone or tablet and install the HP Smart app.
- Turn on the printer. …
- Prepare the printer for a wireless network connection.
How do I switch my Brother printer from offline to online?
If the printer status is Offline
Right-click the icon for your Brother machine > See what’s printing > Printer > Use Printer Offline (remove the checkmark). If Use Printer Offline is greyed out, click Open As Administrator. Enter your administrator password, and then click Yes.
How do I wake up my printer?
Wake up printer
- Press MENU to open the menus.
- Press (DOWN button) to highlight CONFIGURE DEVICE.
- Press (SELECT button) to select CONFIGURE DEVICE.
- Press (DOWN button) to highlight RESETS.
- Press (SELECT button) to select RESETS.
- Press (DOWN button) to highlight SLEEP MODE.
- Press (SELECT button) to select SLEEP MODE.
How do I clear my printer queue?
In the Services window, right-click Print Spooler, and then select Stop. After the service stops, close the Services window. In Windows, search for and open C:WindowsSystem32SpoolPRINTERS. Delete all files in the PRINTERS folder.