Why won’t my printer scan to my computer?
Check your USB cable and printer
Check your USB cable from the printer to the Windows device and be sure it is plugged in. Check if your printer is running in normal parameters and all the lights are on. Check and see if you can print a document so that we resume ourselves only to the scanning feature of the printer.
How do I install HP printer on Windows 8?
USB connection (Windows 10, 8)
- In Windows, search for and open Control Panel.
- Click Devices and Printers, and then click Add a printer.
- On the Choose a device or printer to add to this PC window, select your printer, click Next, and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
How do I get my HP printer to scan?
Scan by using the HP Scan software (Windows)
- Load the document in the document feeder or on the scanner glass according to the indicators on the printer.
- Open the HP Printer Assistant. …
- In the HP Printer Assistant, select Scan, and then select Scan a Document or Photo.
- Adjust the settings if necessary.
- Click Scan.
Where can I go to scan documents?
You’re never away from the office with Copy & Print. You can access the cloud, make copies, scan documents, send faxes, shred files and use the computer rental station at a Staples location. With a Staples store always nearby, we’re your office on the go. Connect anytime through our custom print kiosk.
How do I scan and email a document?
- Click the Scan tab.
- Select the Document Type and Scan Size.
- Click Scan.
- The scanned image will be displayed in the image viewer. Confirm and edit (if necessary) the scanned image.
- Click Send E-mail.
- The Send E-mail dialog will appear. Configure the attached file settings *1, and click OK.
How do I scan from my printer to my computer Windows 10?
Windows 10 includes a built-in scan utility, which you can access from the printer context menu. Click Start, type: devices and printer then hit Enter. Right-click your scanner or printer, then click Start Scan.
Why is scanner not detected?
When a computer does not recognize an otherwise functioning scanner that is connected to it via its USB, serial or parallel port, the problem is usually caused by outdated, corrupted or incompatible device drivers. … Worn, crimped or defective cables can also cause computers to fail to recognize scanners.
How do I install a printer on my Windows 8 laptop?
To install a network, wireless, or Bluetooth printer
- Click the Start button, and then, on the Start menu, click Devices and Printers.
- Click Add a printer.
- In the Add Printer wizard, click Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer.
- In the list of available printers, select the one you want to use, and then click Next.