How do I restart the print spooler in Windows 10?
Method 1: How to Start, Stop or Restart Print Spooler in Windows 10 Using Services
- Step 2: In the Services window, go to the right side of the pane, scroll down and find Print Spooler from the list. …
- Step 3: Or, double-click on the Print Spooler option to Start the service.
How do I reset printer spooler?
Click the Start button and select Run. Type Command and then click OK to display the Command Prompt. In the Command Prompt type, net stop spooler, then press Enter to Stop the Print Spooler. In the Command Prompt type, net start spooler, then press Enter to Start the Print Spooler.
How do I refresh printer spooler?
Method 2: Using the Services Console
- Click on the Windows or Start button.
- Type services. msc in the Start Search box. …
- Click Services in the Programs list. …
- Locate and right-click on Print Spooler, and then click Stop from the drop-down menu.
- Right click Print Spooler again, and then click Start from the dop down menu.
How do I clear the print spooler?
How to Delete Files from the Windows Print Spooler Directory
- Stop the spooler service.
- Navigate to %SystemRoot%System32spoolPRINTERS, on most systems this will be the path C:WindowsSystem32spoolPRINTERS.
- Delete all flies in this directory.
- Restart the spooler service.
How do I fix printer spooler error?
To solve this error, try the following steps.
- Press “Window key” + “R” to open the Run dialog.
- Type “services. msc“, then select “OK“.
- Double-click the “Printer Spooler” service, and then change the startup type to “Automatic“. …
- Restart the computer and try to install the printer again.
What causes printer spooler error?
Mostly, the errors are caused by changes in the settings of the printer spooler. Such simple errors can prevent the print jobs from printing out, thus causing the documents to lie pending in the queue. Accessing the print spooler settings and changing the settings is one way to resolve this issue.
Why does my printer keep saying spooling?
You could try the following steps to overcome the spooling message while printing. b) Right click on your default printer and click Printer Properties. c) Click “Advanced” on top and then select the option “Print directly to the printer”. 2) Try turning the spooling service off.
How do I get my network printer back online?
Verify that your printer is not in Use Printer Offline mode. Select Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners. Then select your printer > Open queue. Under Printer, make sure Use Printer Offline is not selected.
How do I force clear my printer queue?
Manually delete the temporary print job files from your Windows printer spooler folder. Stop the Print Spooler service.
Stop the Print Spooler service.
- Click Start and click Control Panel.
- Double-click Administrative Tools.
- Double-click Services.
- Scroll down and select Print Spooler.
- From the Action menu, click Stop.
How do I fix the print spooler in Windows 10?
To fix the print spooler service to continue printing on Windows 10, use these steps:
- Open Start on Windows 10.
- Search for services. …
- Right-click the Print Spooler service and select the Properties option. …
- Click the General tab.
- Click the Stop button. …
- Use the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run command.
How do I reset my HP printer?
1 Restore Defaults
- From the screen on your printer, navigate to Setup.
- Tap Tools.
- Tap Restore Defaults.
- Tap Yes.
- The printer will restart.
- Once restarted, your printer will have been reset to factory default settings.
How do you delete a print job that won’t delete?
Click Start, type “services,” and then click the Services app. In the right-hand pane of the Services window, find and double-click the “Print Spooler” service to open its properties window. In the properties window, on the “General” tab, click the “Stop” button.
How do I clear the print spooler on my HP printer?
The Services menu opens. Right-click Print Spooler and select Stop. After the service has been stopped, close the service window and use Windows Explorer to browse to C:WindowsSystem32SpoolPRINTERS. Delete all files inside the PRINTERS folder.