How do you fix a drum on a Brother printer?
When you replace the drum unit with a new one, you need to reset the drum counter by completing the following steps:
- Make sure the machine is turned on.
- Open the front cover.
- Press and hold OK for about two seconds to display Drum Unit, and then press OK.
- Press the Up arrow key to reset the drum counter.
How do you reset the drum on a Brother HL l2350dw?
Once the new drum is replaced, you will need to reset the drum counter:
- Make sure the machine is on.
- Close up the front cover.
- Hold down the “OK” button and the “up” arrow at the same time.
- Press the “OK” button to select “Drum”.
- Select the “down” button to reset the drum counter.
Why does my Brother printer keep saying replace drum?
Without a chip, your drum unit has no way of being able to associate itself with your Brother printer. As a result, you will get the “Replace Drum” message because your printer thinks that you’ve not installed a drum unit. On the right is a standard toner cartridge with a chip.27 мая 2014 г.
How do you replace a drum on a Brother printer?
- Make sure that the machine is turned on. …
- Open the front cover. …
- Take out the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly. …
- Push down the green lock lever and take the toner cartridge out of the drum unit.
- Unpack the new drum unit.
- Put the toner cartridge firmly into the new drum unit until you hear it lock into place.
What happens if I don’t replace printer drum?
Many consumers have the “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” mentality. But the replacement of a drum unit is vital to laser printers’ health. A degraded drum unit can cause streaks, smudges, and blank spots on your printed page even if you just inserted a new printer toner.
Do I need to replace the drum on my Brother printer?
The Brother machine will display a ‘Replace Drum’ or ‘Drum Stop’ message when the machine has printed approximately 15,000 pages. The drums should be replaced as a set in order to maintain print quality. Unlike the toner cartridges, the drum change is not automatically detected by the machine when they are replaced.
How do you reset the drum on a Brother printer HL 2270dw?
How to Reset the Drum on a Brother HL-2270DW Printer
- Step 1: Open the front door of the printer. This is the door you open to change the toner or drum. …
- Step 2: Press and hold the Go button until ALL the lights come on. They will come on one at a time, and stay on, from the top down. …
- Step 3: Release the Go button. …
- Step 4: Close the front door of the printer.
How do you reset the page counter on a Brother printer?
How to Reset the Page Counter on a Brother Laser Printer
- Open the front cover of the printer (to access cartridges).
- With the front cover open, simultaneously press the Secure and Cancel buttons.
- The reset menu will now appear on the LCD display.
- Scroll through the menu to select a color and yield to reset.
- The LCD will read “Accepted” once the reset is complete.
How do you reset the drum on a brother dr420?
Reset DR420 for Brother HL Printer Models
- Turn on the printer and replace the drum. Keep the front door open.
- Press and hold the Go button for 4 seconds or until all four LEDs light up.
- Release the Go button and close the front door.
- If the drum light is off, the drum unit is reset.
1 мая 2019 г.
How do I know if my printer drum is bad?
The most obvious is most common on laser color printers and can be detected by a flashing message on the printer display screen. Other signs of a bad printer drum include printing blank pages, printing gray pages and strange sounds coming from the printer as it prints.
How do I clean the drum on my Brother printer?
Turn the drum unit as shown in the illustration. Make sure that the drum unit gear is on the left side. Turn the edge of the drum unit toward you by hand while looking at surface of the suspected area. Wipe the surface of the drum gently with a dry cotton swab until the mark on the surface comes off.
How do I know if my printer drum needs replacing?
Separate drum units last quite a bit longer than a toner cartridge and typically should be replaced after the use of 3-4 toners. Your printer should inform you when it’s time to replace the drum, but you can usually tell your drum is on it’s last legs if you start to see black spots or lines across the page.
How do you check the drum life on a Brother printer?
Can I check the remaining life of my Brother machine’s drum?
- Press MENU and choose Machine Info. => Drum Life.
- Press the OK key. Your Brother machine’s LCD will display the percentage of remaining drum life.
- Press the STOP/EXIT key.