What does it mean when your printer is offline?
If your printer is showing an offline message, it means it’s having a hard time communicating with your computer. There can be a number of reasons for this, from connectivity issues, to a fault with your printer. Whatever the reason, there are several checks you can do to determine which issue you’re facing.
Can a printer print offline?
Your printer might appear offline if it can’t communicate with your PC. … Your printer’s built-in menu should show which network it’s connected to, or check your printer’s manual for more info. Verify that your printer is not in Use Printer Offline mode. Select Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners.
How do I get my HP printer to print offline?
Search Windows for devices, and then click Devices and Printers from the list of results. Right-click the name of the HP printer that is active (not grayed out), and then select Set as Default printer. Try to print. If the printer remains offline, continue to the next step.
How do I fix a printer that is offline?
Troubleshooting offline printer problems
- Check to make sure the printer is turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your device.
- Run a printer power cycle.
- Set your printer as the default printer.
- Clear the print queue.
- Reset the service that manages the printing queue.
- Remove and re-add your printer to your device.
- Restart your PC.
How do you change a printer from offline to online?
Go to the Start icon on the bottom left of your screen then choose Control Panel and then Devices and Printers. Right click the printer in question and select “See what’s printing”. From the window that opens choose “Printer” from the menu bar at the top. Select “Use Printer Online” from the drop down menu.
How do I get my printer off offline?
To check this, you can open the printer queue by visiting Devices and Printers in the Control Panel and then double clicking on the printer. You need to click on the printer shown in the menu bar and uncheck Use Printer Offline and Pause Printing checkboxes.
Why is my HP printer offline and not printing?
Make sure the printer’s print queue is not set to print offline. … Right-click the printer and select See what’s printing. Select Printer, and then select to clear any selections next to Pause Printing or Use Printer Offline, if selected.
Why is my HP printer not printing?
1) Make sure your HP printer has enough paper in the paper tray. If there is paper then make sure none of it is stuck or jammed in the paper feed. … New HP printers will easily display the ink levels or if there is an ink issue on the front screen of the HP printer.
How do I connect my printer via WIFI?
- Make sure your Android device is connected to the same wireless network that you want to connect your printer to.
- Go to 123.hp.com from a browser on your phone or tablet and install the HP Smart app.
- Turn on the printer. …
- Prepare the printer for a wireless network connection.
How do I reset my HP printer?
1 Restore Defaults
- From the screen on your printer, navigate to Setup.
- Tap Tools.
- Tap Restore Defaults.
- Tap Yes.
- The printer will restart.
- Once restarted, your printer will have been reset to factory default settings.
Why does my printer not print?
First, make sure the printer is on and has paper in the tray. … Next, check to make sure the printer cable is properly connected to both the computer and the printer. If you still can’t print, check to make sure the printer is not set to offline mode. Go to Start, Printers and Faxes.
Why can’t I uncheck Use printer offline?
From the queue window, select Printer and uncheck the Use Printer Offline option (if the Use Printer Offline option is off, check the option, leave it a few seconds, and uncheck it). Check if the printer is correctly connected to your computer (unplug the USB cable and plug it in again).
How do you fix a printer?
How to Fix Everything For Dummies
- Look for a loose connection or damaged cable. …
- Check inside the printer for a paper jam.
- If you see paper under the platen or roller, unplug the printer.
- Pull the paper toward you. …
- Look at the configurations in the printer software and the drivers.