How do I restart the print spooler service?
How to restart the Print Spooler
- Scroll down the list and click or tap on Print Spooler.
- Click or tap on Restart the service.
- Windows will attempt to start the service.
- Once the Print Spooler status is Running (example below). The Print Spooler service is started.
How do I restart the print spooler in Windows 10?
Method 1: How to Start, Stop or Restart Print Spooler in Windows 10 Using Services
- Step 2: In the Services window, go to the right side of the pane, scroll down and find Print Spooler from the list. …
- Step 3: Or, double-click on the Print Spooler option to Start the service.
How do you clear a printer spooler?
Browse to “C:WINDOWSsystem32spoolPRINTERS” and delete the .
Stop the Print Spooler service.
- Click Start and click Control Panel.
- Double-click Administrative Tools.
- Double-click Services.
- Scroll down and select Print Spooler.
- From the Action menu, click Stop.
What causes printer spooler error?
Mostly, the errors are caused by changes in the settings of the printer spooler. Such simple errors can prevent the print jobs from printing out, thus causing the documents to lie pending in the queue. Accessing the print spooler settings and changing the settings is one way to resolve this issue.
How do I restart the print spooler on my HP printer?
- In your computer, go to the services management windows by typing the command “Services. …
- Inside services, look for print spooler.
- Once located, right click on it and click on restart.
- You may also need to power cycle your printer after doing so, by turning it OFF and turning it ON again after 10 seconds of being OFF.
How do I fix printer spooler?
To solve this error, try the following steps.
- Press “Window key” + “R” to open the Run dialog.
- Type “services. msc“, then select “OK“.
- Double-click the “Printer Spooler” service, and then change the startup type to “Automatic“. …
- Restart the computer and try to install the printer again.
How do I fix printer spooler error?
How to Resolve Printer Spooler Errors
- Type troubleshooting in the search box.
- Touch or click Troubleshooting (control panel).
- Touch or click Use a printer, under Hardware and Sound.
- Touch or click Advanced.
- Touch or click Run as administrator (when asked, input your credentials or cancel if you do not know them).
- Touch or click Next and follow the prompts.
Why can’t I stop my print spooler?
Clear the Print Queue.
Open the Services window (Windows key + R, type services. msc, press enter). Select Print Spooler and click the Stop icon, if it is not stopped already. Navigate to C:Windowssystem32spoolPRINTERS and open this file.
Why is my printer spooling?
Printer spooling enables you to send large document files or a series of them to a printer, without needing to wait until the current task is finished. Think of it as a buffer or cache. It’s a place that your documents can “line up” and get ready to be printed after a previous printing task is completed.
How do I force a print job to cancel?
Cancel a print job (Android)
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to open the notification area.
- Select the print job you want to cancel.
- Tap Cancel to cancel the print job.
How do I clear the print spooler on Android?
Clear the Android OS Print Spooler cache
- On your Android device, tap the Settings icon , and the select Apps or Applications.
- Select Show System Apps.
- Scroll down the list, and then select Print Spooler. …
- Select Clear Cache and Clear Data.
- Open the item you want to print, tap the menu icon , and then tap Print.