Why does my Brother printer keep saying replace toner?
If you install a new genuine Brother toner cartridge but the “Toner Low”, “Replace Toner” or “Toner Ended” error indication remains, the toner cartridge may not be installed correctly. … Confirm that you have installed both a toner cartridge and a drum unit in the machine.
How do I reset my Brother HL 2140 toner?
Brother HL-2140 – Reset Toner Cartridge
- Ensure the printer is turned off.
- Open the printer front cover.
- Hold the Go button while turning the printer on.
- When the Toner, Drum, and Error LEDs are on and the Ready LED is off, release the GO button. …
- Press the Go button two (2) times.
How do I reset my toner chip?
How to Reset HP Toner Cartridge Chips
- Switch the printer off.
- Press and hold the green button on your printer and turn the printer on. You will see that the lights flash for a moment and then turn off. …
- Push the toner rotate button while you continue pressing the green button. …
- Repeatedly push the red button (cancel button). …
- Press the green button.
How do I reset my Brother printer?
Press the Up arrow key select Reset.
- Press the Settings button.
- Press All Settings.
- Press Initial Setup.
- Press Reset.
- Press All Settings or Factory Reset (depends on which model you have).
- Press Yes.
- Press Yes again and hold for two seconds.
How do I bypass toner low on Brother printer?
- Power on the Brother printer.
- Open the toner access door located at the front of the printer.
- Press the “Clear/Back” button.
- Scroll through the list of toner cartridges until you have located the one that is giving the “Replace Toner” message.
- Press the “1” button to reset the toner cartridge display.
How do I know if my brother cartridge is empty?
1. Check the ink status from the control panel
- Press Menu.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key or the dial pad to select Ink or Ink Management and press OK.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key or the dial pad to select Ink Volume and press OK.
- Press Stop/Exit.
How can I extend my toner life?
Store unused HP toner cartridges properly to extend their life. Keep the cartridges sealed in the original packaging until you need to use them. Stock toner cartridges in an upright position in a cool dry indoor place. Use the older toner cartridges first.