How do I switch my HP printer from offline to online?
- Click “Start,” then click the “Devices and Printers” folder.
- Right-click the icon for your Hewlett-Packard printer. …
- Click the “Printer” menu in the window that opens and uncheck “Use Printer Offline.” Any items in the print queue for your HP printer will print.
Why is my HP printer saying its offline?
Your printer might appear offline if it can’t communicate with your PC. … Your printer’s built-in menu should show which network it’s connected to, or check your printer’s manual for more info. Verify that your printer is not in Use Printer Offline mode. Select Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners.
How do I connect my HP printer online?
Use the HP Smart app to connect the printer to your wireless network.
- Make sure your Android device is connected to the same wireless network that you want to connect your printer to.
- Go to 123.hp.com from a browser on your phone or tablet and install the HP Smart app.
- Turn on the printer.
Why does my printer say it is offline?
If your printer is showing an offline message, it means it’s having a hard time communicating with your computer. There can be a number of reasons for this, from connectivity issues, to a fault with your printer. Whatever the reason, there are several checks you can do to determine which issue you’re facing.
Why is my HP printer not responding?
Resetting the printing system might help resolve issues if you receive a Printer Offline or Printer Not Responding error message. … Click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners. Right-click (or Control + click) anywhere inside the Printers window, and then click Reset printing system.
How do I deselect a printer offline?
Open the printer queue by going to Devices and Printers in Control Panel and double-clicking on the printer. Here you want to click on Printer in the menu bar and then make sure to uncheck Pause Printing and Use Printer Offline.
How do I reset my HP printer?
1 Restore Defaults
- From the screen on your printer, navigate to Setup.
- Tap Tools.
- Tap Restore Defaults.
- Tap Yes.
- The printer will restart.
- Once restarted, your printer will have been reset to factory default settings.
What do I do if my HP printer is in error state?
How do I get my printer out of an error state?
- Make ports settings changes. Press the Windows logo key + R on your keyboard > type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter to open the Device Manager. …
- Make sure that your printer is Online. …
- Reinstall the printer driver. …
- Set the Print Spooler service to automatic. …
- Update Windows.
How do I fix HP Printer Error?
- Make sure the printer is turned on. You can also restart both the printer and your computer.
- Check if the printer is connected to your computer or WI-FI network.
- Make sure the paper try of your printer is loaded and that the printer has enough ink.
- If the error still occurs, contact the HP printer support.
How do I get my HP printer to scan?
Use HP MFP Scan to scan your documents or photos from a computer.
- Load the document or photo you want to scan.
- Search Windows for HP MFP Scan, and then click it to open the software. …
- Choose a scanning option. …
- After scanning the document or photo, type a file name under Name.
How do I connect my HP printer to my phone?
Add a printer using Wi-Fi Direct
On your Android device, open the item you want to print, tap the menu icon , and then tap Print. A print preview screen displays. Next to Select a printer, tap the down arrow to view the printer list, and then tap All printers. Tap Add printer, and then tap HP Print Service or HP Inc.
How do I get a printer back online?
How to get your printer back online.
- Turn off the printer and unplug the power cord from the printer itself.
- Turn off the computer.
- Wait 30 seconds and turn on the computer.
- Plug the printer power cord back into the printer and turn the printer on.
- Check the functionality of the printer.
How do I fix an offline HP printer?
Search Windows for devices, and then click Devices and Printers from the list of results. Right-click the name of the HP printer that is active (not grayed out), and then select Set as Default printer. Try to print. If the printer remains offline, continue to the next step.