Why is my printer not printing black?
Clean the Printhead
HP printers with clogged printhead nozzles don’t usually print black ink. Thus, cleaning the printhead is a resolution some HP printer users have confirmed fixes the printing. … So make sure there is some paper loaded in the printer before selecting to clean the printhead.
Why won’t my printer print after I changed the ink?
Verify the ink cartridge(s) has been inserted properly. If a lever has been changed from its original position to allow the installation of ink cartridges, ensure it has been returned to its original position. Perform a head cleaning on printer if available. Try resetting the ink cartridge counter.
How do I get my HP printer to print black?
Right-click your printer, and then depending on the software program, the button might be Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer, or Preferences. Click the Paper/Quality tab, and then locate the Print Quality area. If the entire page is too dark, use these settings: Select the 600 dpi option.
Why can’t I print in black only if a color ink cartridge is empty?
Why can’t I print in black only if a color ink cartridge is empty? Your printer is designed to print only when all ink cartridges have ink. To prevent clogs in the printing mechanism and other print quality issues, some ink must be available in all the cartridges to perform periodic servicing tasks.
Why is my printer connected but not printing?
First, make sure the printer is on and has paper in the tray. … Next, check to make sure the printer cable is properly connected to both the computer and the printer. If you still can’t print, check to make sure the printer is not set to offline mode. Go to Start, Printers and Faxes.
How do I fix the color problems on my HP printer?
Change the color options
- From the software program, select the Print option.
- Select the product, and then click the Properties or Preferences button.
- Click the Paper/Quality tab.
- In the Color section, select Black & White or Color. note: …
- Click the OK button to close the Document Properties dialog box.
How do I reset the ink on my HP printer?
How to Reset Ink Levels on an HP Cartridge
- Locate and take out both the black and the color ink HP cartridges from your printer.
- Press the “On” button on your printer to turn it on, wait 20 seconds, then turn it off. Allow the printer to completely turn off. …
- Replace the black and the color HP cartridges inside the printer.
Why is my HP printer not printing anything?
1) Make sure your HP printer has enough paper in the paper tray. If there is paper then make sure none of it is stuck or jammed in the paper feed. … New HP printers will easily display the ink levels or if there is an ink issue on the front screen of the HP printer.
Is there a reset button on ink cartridges?
Resetting the Printer Cartridges
On some models, there is a reset button located above the contacts in the center. … After resetting each cartridge, you can then replace them and the printer should accept them as if they were new.
Why is my HP printer not printing dark enough?
When a laser printout isn’t printing dark enough, you’ll want to begin by checking your printer’s toner level. … Next, try replacing a light printing toner cartridge with a fresh one. If you swap toner cartridges and your printer is still printing too lightly, then the issue isn’t just an empty toner cartridge.
How do I change my printer to darkness?
- Go to your computer’s Start Menu and click on Control Panel.
- Click on Printers and Faxes.
- Right click on your barcode printer and select Printing Preferences.
- Look under the Options tab for the Darkness setting and adjust as needed.
- Click Apply and then OK.