How do I fix my printer when it is not connected?
- Unplug and restart your printer.
- Check cables or wireless connection.
- Uninstall and reinstall your printer.
- Install the latest driver for your printer.
- Run the printing troubleshooter.
- Clear and reset the print spooler.
- Fix printer problems after updating Windows 10.
- Change a printer’s status to “online”
Why is my Mac saying my printer is not connected?
A recent OS update or software update might result in connection issues in printers. Updating a printer driver might give compatibility issues and hence the connection issue. Thus if you have updated your Mac OS or the printer driver, then try uninstalling the updates.
Why is my HP printer not connected?
Make sure your Android device is connected to the same wireless network that you want to connect your printer to. Go to 123.hp.com from a browser on your phone or tablet and install the HP Smart app. Turn on the printer. If the printer is in sleep mode, press the Cancel button on the control panel.
Why is my printer not printing even though it is connected?
First, make sure the printer is on and has paper in the tray. … Next, check to make sure the printer cable is properly connected to both the computer and the printer. If you still can’t print, check to make sure the printer is not set to offline mode. Go to Start, Printers and Faxes.
How do I reset my HP wireless printer?
1 Restore Defaults
- From the screen on your printer, navigate to Setup.
- Tap Tools.
- Tap Restore Defaults.
- Tap Yes.
- The printer will restart.
- Once restarted, your printer will have been reset to factory default settings.
How do I get my printer back online?
Search Windows for devices, and then click Devices and Printers from the list of results. Right-click the name of the HP printer that is active (not grayed out), and then select Set as Default printer. Try to print. If the printer remains offline, continue to the next step.
How do I fix printer not responding on Mac?
Resetting the Printing System in Mac OS X
- Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences.
- Click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners.
- Right-click (or Control + click) anywhere inside the Printers window, and then click Reset printing system.
- Click Reset in the confirmation window.
Why is my wireless printer not responding to my computer?
Outdated printer drivers can cause the Printer not responding message to appear. However, you can fix that problem simply by installing the latest drivers for your printer. The simplest way to do that is to use the Device Manager. Windows will try to download a suitable driver for your printer.
How do I get my Mac to recognize my HP printer?
How do I access HP Utility software?
- Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners, depending on your operating system version.
- Click your printer name, click Options & Supplies, click Utility, and then click Open Printer Utility.
How do I fix HP printer not connected?
Fix 1: Check the printer connection
- Restart your printer. Power off and then power on your printer to restart it. …
- Check the connection issue. If your printer is connected by the USB cable, ensure the cable is not damaged, and it connects firmly and correctly. …
- Check the network connection.
How do I connect my HP printer to my wireless network?
Connecting a HP OfficeJet wireless printer to a wireless network
- Turn on your Wireless printer. …
- On the touchscreen, press the right arrow key and press setup.
- Select Network from setup menu.
- Select Wireless Setup Wizard from Network menu, it will search for the wireless routers in the range.
- Select your Network (SSID) from the list.
How do I fix printer in error state?
How do I get my printer out of an error state?
- Make ports settings changes. Press the Windows logo key + R on your keyboard > type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter to open the Device Manager. …
- Make sure that your printer is Online. …
- Reinstall the printer driver. …
- Set the Print Spooler service to automatic. …
- Update Windows.