How do I get my printer back online?
Search Windows for devices, and then click Devices and Printers from the list of results. Right-click the name of the HP printer that is active (not grayed out), and then select Set as Default printer. Try to print. If the printer remains offline, continue to the next step.
How do you fix a wireless printer that is offline?
How can I fix the Printer Offline errors in Windows 10?
- Reinstall your printer drivers.
- Check if you’re using a VPN connection.
- Change printer settings.
- Restart the Print Spooler service.
- Change printer properties.
- Install the latest updates.
- Add a second printer device.
Why does my HP wireless printer say offline?
Your printer might appear offline if it can’t communicate with your PC. … Select Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners. Then select your printer > Open queue. Under Printer, make sure Use Printer Offline is not selected.
How do you reconnect a wireless printer?
- Make sure your Android device is connected to the same wireless network that you want to connect your printer to.
- Go to 123.hp.com from a browser on your phone or tablet and install the HP Smart app.
- Turn on the printer. …
- Prepare the printer for a wireless network connection.
How do I deselect a printer offline?
Open the printer queue by going to Devices and Printers in Control Panel and double-clicking on the printer. Here you want to click on Printer in the menu bar and then make sure to uncheck Pause Printing and Use Printer Offline.
Why is my HP printer offline and not printing?
Make sure the printer’s print queue is not set to print offline. … Right-click the printer and select See what’s printing. Select Printer, and then select to clear any selections next to Pause Printing or Use Printer Offline, if selected.
How do I know if my printer is connected to WiFi?
Connect the printer’s power cable to an electric source and turn on your printer. To check your printer connected to the network, print the Wireless Network Test report. Tap the Setup button on the printer control panel. From the Network Settings or Network Setup, click the Print Network Configuration Page.
How do I clear my printer queue?
In the Services window, right-click Print Spooler, and then select Stop. After the service stops, close the Services window. In Windows, search for and open C:WindowsSystem32SpoolPRINTERS. Delete all files in the PRINTERS folder.
How do I fix my printer not responding?
What can I do if the printer is not responding?
- Check your antivirus and firewall. …
- Check all the printer connections. …
- Run the Printer Troubleshooter in Windows 10. …
- Update the Printer’s Device Driver. …
- Make sure the selected Printer is the default one. …
- Check the printer’s Windows 10 compatibility.
Why is my HP printer not responding?
Resetting the printing system might help resolve issues if you receive a Printer Offline or Printer Not Responding error message. … Click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners. Right-click (or Control + click) anywhere inside the Printers window, and then click Reset printing system.
How do I connect my HP printer to my laptop?
In Windows, search for and open Control Panel. Click Devices and Printers, and then click Add a printer. Select Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer. On the Select a printer window, select your printer, click Next, and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
How do I switch my Canon printer from offline to online?
- Select the Start icon, then select Devices and Printers. Right-click on the printer icon and select See what’s printing in the drop-down menu.
- Select the Printer tab, then Use Printer Offline to uncheck it. The printer will now be used online.