What do I do when my printer says user intervention?
Table of contents:
- Restart the Print service.
- Run the Printer Troubleshooter.
- Run the Hardware Troubleshooter.
- Reinstall the Printer’s Driver.
- Update the Printer Driver.
- Install Windows updates.
- Uninstall the latest updates.
Why does it say my printer is blocked?
As you mentioned when your print from your printer the printer gives error blocked. Try restarting your printer, router and PC at the same time and check if it helps. Try assigning a manual IP to your printer and check if it helps. … If you are using an android device print try the steps recommended below.
How do I reset my HP printer error message?
To temporarily clear the error, reset the printer.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the power source.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer. note: HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
How do I fix HP Printer Error?
How to Fix HP Printer Errors
- Ensure that the HP printer cables are properly connected. …
- Check the HP printer cartridges and print heads to ensure that they’re installed properly. …
- Make sure that the HP printer’s software is properly installed. …
- See if your computer’s firewall is preventing the HP printer from functioning properly.
What does it mean when your HP printer says user intervention?
A User Intervention Required message displays on the computer, and the printer does not print. The issue might be caused by a printer error condition, corrupted print jobs, or a weak printer wireless connection.
How do I clear my printer queue?
In the Services window, right-click Print Spooler, and then select Stop. After the service stops, close the Services window. In Windows, search for and open C:WindowsSystem32SpoolPRINTERS. Delete all files in the PRINTERS folder.
How do I fix printer in error state?
How do I get my printer out of an error state?
- Make ports settings changes. Press the Windows logo key + R on your keyboard > type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter to open the Device Manager. …
- Make sure that your printer is Online. …
- Reinstall the printer driver. …
- Set the Print Spooler service to automatic. …
- Update Windows.
How do I fix printer errors?
- Unplug and restart your printer.
- Check cables or wireless connection.
- Uninstall and reinstall your printer.
- Install the latest driver for your printer.
- Run the printing troubleshooter.
- Clear and reset the print spooler.
- Fix printer problems after updating Windows 10.
- Change a printer’s status to “online”
Why is my printer connected but not printing?
First, make sure the printer is on and has paper in the tray. … Next, check to make sure the printer cable is properly connected to both the computer and the printer. If you still can’t print, check to make sure the printer is not set to offline mode. Go to Start, Printers and Faxes.
Why is my HP printer showing error?
HP Printer in error state can also result from faulty or incompatible printer driver To solve such issues, A corrupt or faulty printer driver may also lead to printer errors, in this case you need to either re-install or update your printer driver. you will need to update or reinstall the driver.
How do I reset my HP printer?
1 Restore Defaults
- From the screen on your printer, navigate to Setup.
- Tap Tools.
- Tap Restore Defaults.
- Tap Yes.
- The printer will restart.
- Once restarted, your printer will have been reset to factory default settings.