How do I find the print spooler?
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialogue. Type services. msc and press ↵ Enter . Double-click Print Spooler.
- Alternatively, click Start → Control Panel → Administrative Tools → Services → Print Spooler.
How do I fix printer spooler problem?
Fix for “The print spooler service is not running” Error in…
- Press “Window key” + “R” to open the Run dialog.
- Type “services. msc“, then select “OK“.
- Double-click the “Printer Spooler” service, and then change the startup type to “Automatic“. …
- Restart the computer and try to install the printer again.
What is print spooler test?
A software program in Microsoft Windows that is responsible for managing all print jobs currently being sent to the computer printer or print server. The print spooler program allows a user to delete a print job being processed or otherwise manage the print jobs currently waiting to be printed.
What causes printer spooler error?
Mostly, the errors are caused by changes in the settings of the printer spooler. Such simple errors can prevent the print jobs from printing out, thus causing the documents to lie pending in the queue. Accessing the print spooler settings and changing the settings is one way to resolve this issue.
How do you clear a printer spooler?
Windows: Clear Print Queue
- Select Start.
- Type Command .
- Right-click “Command Prompt” and select “Run as administrator“.
- Type net stop spooler then press “Enter“.
- Type del %systemroot%System32spoolprinters* /Q then press “Enter“.
- Type net start spooler then press “Enter“.
- The print queue on your Windows should now be cleared.
Why is my printer spooling?
Printer spooling enables you to send large document files or a series of them to a printer, without needing to wait until the current task is finished. Think of it as a buffer or cache. It’s a place that your documents can “line up” and get ready to be printed after a previous printing task is completed.
How do I clear the print spooler on my HP printer?
The Services menu opens. Right-click Print Spooler and select Stop. After the service has been stopped, close the service window and use Windows Explorer to browse to C:WindowsSystem32SpoolPRINTERS. Delete all files inside the PRINTERS folder.
Why does my printer spooler keep stopping Windows 10?
If Print Spooler keeps stopping on your Windows 10 PC, you might be able to fix this problem by uninstalling the printers that you don’t use. … Select Remove driver and driver package and click OK to completely remove the printer. After removing unnecessary printers, restart your PC.
What is the print spooler service is not running?
You may meet the “Print Spooler service not running” error when your printer driver is outdated. Therefore, in order to solve the problem, you should update or reinstall the printer driver.
Can I disable print spooler?
Is it safe to disable the Spooler service? If you don’t have any physical printers attached to your computer and you and never plan to do any printing, you can safely disable the Spooler service. However, watch out for applications that silently use the printing API. They will also fail when the service is disabled.
How do I start the print spooler?
Method 2: Using the Services Console
- Click on the Windows or Start button.
- Type services. msc in the Start Search box. …
- Click Services in the Programs list. …
- Locate and right-click on Print Spooler, and then click Stop from the drop-down menu.
- Right click Print Spooler again, and then click Start from the dop down menu.