How do you set a default printer?
Here’s how to make a printer the default from your computer:
- Choose Start→Devices and Printers. The Devices and Printers window appears. …
- Right-click any printer that isn’t set as the default and choose Set as Default Printer from the shortcut menu. …
- Click the Close button in the Devices and Printers window.
How do I fix a default printer error?
Right click on the name of your printer and select “see what’s printing”3. In the que view, select “Open As Administrator”4. Then select “Set As Default Printer” on the main menu, note if it is already opened up as administrator, then you may not see the option to open it as administrator.
How do I make my HP printer the default printer?
Click the Windows icon ( ), click Control Panel. The Control Panel window opens. Click Hardware and Sound, and then click Printers. Right-click your HP product, and then click Set as Default Printer.
How do I change the default printer in the registry?
- Open the Registry Editor (Right mouse click Windows Start → Run → regedit)
- Navigate to this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWindows.
- For name “LegacyDefaultPrinterMode” set the “Value data:” to “1” to return to the old Default printer behavior in Windows 10.
How do I make my printer default to one side Windows 10?
- Click on the Windows Button.
- Click on ‘Devices and Printers’
- Right Click on ‘LibraryPrinter’
- Click Printing Preferences.
- The default will be set to ‘Two-sided (Duplex) Printing’
- Change this to ‘General Everyday Printing’
- Click OK to apply your changes and close the Printing Preferences window.
What does printer default error mean?
This error is usually caused when you are unable to setup your new printer or a different printer as your default printer other then the one that is already setup as default. This is caused by a glitch in the registry settings, which prioritizes the previous printer to be the default one.
How do I fix printer in error state?
How do I get my printer out of an error state?
- Make ports settings changes. Press the Windows logo key + R on your keyboard > type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter to open the Device Manager. …
- Make sure that your printer is Online. …
- Reinstall the printer driver. …
- Set the Print Spooler service to automatic. …
- Update Windows.
How do I connect to a network printer?
To install a network, wireless, or Bluetooth printer
- Click the Start button, and then, on the Start menu, click Devices and Printers.
- Click Add a printer.
- In the Add Printer wizard, click Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer.
- In the list of available printers, select the one you want to use, and then click Next.
Why does Windows 10 keep changing my default printer?
Prevent windows 10 from changing the default printer. When a device is changing on its own, it is usually because there is a setting On windows 10 PC that allows changing the device to the most suitable one that it deems worthy. Lets fallow steps below to Turn off Windows manage my default printer Option.
How do I get my network printer back online?
Verify that your printer is not in Use Printer Offline mode. Select Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners. Then select your printer > Open queue. Under Printer, make sure Use Printer Offline is not selected.
How do I change the default printer in Word?
From the printer properties, change to the Paper tab and select Auto Selection from Paper Source option. Besides, in the MS Word’s Menu bar, click Tools > Option. Then choose the Printer tab. On the default paper tray option, choose Use Default Printer Setting.
Where are default printer settings in registry?
value. It is of the format “\LN014LN. S651.
Why can’t I make my printer the default printer?
Turn Off the Allow Windows to Manage my Default Printer Option. If the Printer troubleshooter doesn’t fix 0X00000709, try turning off the Allow Windows to manage my default printer setting. … Next, click Printers & scanners on the left of the window. Deselect the Allow Windows to manage my default printer option.