How do I get a printer back online?
How to get your printer back online.
- Turn off the printer and unplug the power cord from the printer itself.
- Turn off the computer.
- Wait 30 seconds and turn on the computer.
- Plug the printer power cord back into the printer and turn the printer on.
- Check the functionality of the printer.
Why does my printer go offline?
Offline printers can’t communicate with your PC
If your printer is showing an offline message, it means it’s having a hard time communicating with your computer. There can be a number of reasons for this, from connectivity issues, to a fault with your printer.
How do you stop a printer being offline?
Click the “See What’s Printing” option. Click the “Printer” menu in the window that opens and uncheck “Use Printer Offline.” Any items in the print queue for your printer will then print.
How do I fix an offline HP printer?
Search Windows for devices, and then click Devices and Printers from the list of results. Right-click the name of the HP printer that is active (not grayed out), and then select Set as Default printer. Try to print. If the printer remains offline, continue to the next step.
How do I connect my printer via WIFI?
- Make sure your Android device is connected to the same wireless network that you want to connect your printer to.
- Go to 123.hp.com from a browser on your phone or tablet and install the HP Smart app.
- Turn on the printer. …
- Prepare the printer for a wireless network connection.
Why is my HP printer offline and not printing?
Make sure the printer’s print queue is not set to print offline. … Right-click the printer and select See what’s printing. Select Printer, and then select to clear any selections next to Pause Printing or Use Printer Offline, if selected.
Why is my printer not responding to my computer?
Check your antivirus and firewall. In some cases, the Printer not responding message can appear due to your antivirus or firewall. This usually occurs if you’re using a Wi-Fi or network printer. To check if your antivirus is the problem, we advise you to disable it temporarily and check if that helps.
Why can’t I uncheck Use printer offline?
From the queue window, select Printer and uncheck the Use Printer Offline option (if the Use Printer Offline option is off, check the option, leave it a few seconds, and uncheck it). Check if the printer is correctly connected to your computer (unplug the USB cable and plug it in again).
How do I reset my HP printer?
1 Restore Defaults
- From the screen on your printer, navigate to Setup.
- Tap Tools.
- Tap Restore Defaults.
- Tap Yes.
- The printer will restart.
- Once restarted, your printer will have been reset to factory default settings.
How do I clear my printer queue?
In the Services window, right-click Print Spooler, and then select Stop. After the service stops, close the Services window. In Windows, search for and open C:WindowsSystem32SpoolPRINTERS. Delete all files in the PRINTERS folder.
How do you fix a printer?
How to Fix Everything For Dummies
- Look for a loose connection or damaged cable. …
- Check inside the printer for a paper jam.
- If you see paper under the platen or roller, unplug the printer.
- Pull the paper toward you. …
- Look at the configurations in the printer software and the drivers.
How do you fix an offline printer on a Mac?
How to Fix the Printer Offline Error on a Mac
- Ensure Printer to PC Connectivity.
- For a USB Printer Connectivity.
- For a Wireless Printer Connectivity.
- Reset the Printer.
- Delete Other Printers from Mac.
- Clear the Current Print Queue and Re-Add the Printer.
- Reset or Reconfigure the Printing System.
How do I fix HP printer not printing?
Troubleshoot- HP Printer not printing anything
Check that the network cables are properly connected with each other. Try to restart your computer as well as the printer. After turning off the printer, unplug all the connected cords and then plug them again. Use the HP Printer Assistant to fix the issue.
Why is my HP printer not printing anything?
1) Make sure your HP printer has enough paper in the paper tray. If there is paper then make sure none of it is stuck or jammed in the paper feed. … New HP printers will easily display the ink levels or if there is an ink issue on the front screen of the HP printer.