Why does my printer say its out of paper when its not?
The paper-width guide is pressed against the paper stack too tightly. The paper tray is not completely inserted into the product. The paper settings in the print driver do not match the paper loaded in the paper tray. The rubber paper-feed rollers are dusty.
What to do when your printer says there is no paper but there is?
How to Troubleshoot the Out of Paper Error on a Printer
- Check the Paper and Reload it. …
- Check the Back Panel Cover of the Printer. …
- Reset the Printer. …
- Clean the Rollers of the Printer. …
- Crosscheck if the Printer Spooler is Running. …
- Clear the Cached Print Jobs. …
- Update the Printer Driver. …
- Check if the Printer is Compatible with Windows 10.
Why does my HP Envy keeps saying out of paper?
The printer does not pick up or feed paper from the tray, and An ‘Out of paper’ message displays on the control panel. … Check the condition of the paper, make sure that the printer rests on a flat surface, adjust the paper settings in the print driver, and clean the paper feed rollers to resolve the issue.
Why does my HP printer say its offline when it is not?
Your printer might appear offline if it can’t communicate with your PC. … Select Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners. Then select your printer > Open queue. Under Printer, make sure Use Printer Offline is not selected.
How do I reset my HP printer?
1 Restore Defaults
- From the screen on your printer, navigate to Setup.
- Tap Tools.
- Tap Restore Defaults.
- Tap Yes.
- The printer will restart.
- Once restarted, your printer will have been reset to factory default settings.
How do I clear my printer queue?
In the Services window, right-click Print Spooler, and then select Stop. After the service stops, close the Services window. In Windows, search for and open C:WindowsSystem32SpoolPRINTERS. Delete all files in the PRINTERS folder.
How do I connect my HP printer to the WIFI?
Open the HP Smart app, and then tap the Plus sign . Tap Add Printer.
- For most HP printers: Press and hold the Wireless and Cancel buttons until the Wireless and Power lights blink.
- For HP Laser printers: Press and hold the Wireless button until the Attention light blinks.
How do you get an HP printer back online?
Search Windows for devices, and then click Devices and Printers from the list of results. Right-click the name of the HP printer that is active (not grayed out), and then select Set as Default printer. Try to print. If the printer remains offline, continue to the next step.
How do I get my HP printer out of error state?
How do I get my printer out of an error state?
- Make ports settings changes. Press the Windows logo key + R on your keyboard > type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter to open the Device Manager. …
- Make sure that your printer is Online. …
- Reinstall the printer driver. …
- Set the Print Spooler service to automatic. …
- Update Windows.