How do I get a printer back online?
How to get your printer back online.
- Turn off the printer and unplug the power cord from the printer itself.
- Turn off the computer.
- Wait 30 seconds and turn on the computer.
- Plug the printer power cord back into the printer and turn the printer on.
- Check the functionality of the printer.
Why does my printer keep saying its offline?
If your printer is showing an offline message, it means it’s having a hard time communicating with your computer. There can be a number of reasons for this, from connectivity issues, to a fault with your printer. Whatever the reason, there are several checks you can do to determine which issue you’re facing.
How do you fix an HP printer that is offline?
Search Windows for devices, and then click Devices and Printers from the list of results. Right-click the name of the HP printer that is active (not grayed out), and then select Set as Default printer. Try to print. If the printer remains offline, continue to the next step.
How do I get my Canon printer back online?
- Select the Start icon, then select Devices and Printers. Right-click on the printer icon and select See what’s printing in the drop-down menu.
- Select the Printer tab, then Use Printer Offline to uncheck it. The printer will now be used online.
How do I connect my printer via WIFI?
- Make sure your Android device is connected to the same wireless network that you want to connect your printer to.
- Go to 123.hp.com from a browser on your phone or tablet and install the HP Smart app.
- Turn on the printer. …
- Prepare the printer for a wireless network connection.
Why can’t I uncheck Use printer offline?
From the queue window, select Printer and uncheck the Use Printer Offline option (if the Use Printer Offline option is off, check the option, leave it a few seconds, and uncheck it). Check if the printer is correctly connected to your computer (unplug the USB cable and plug it in again).
How do I get my printer off offline?
To check this, you can open the printer queue by visiting Devices and Printers in the Control Panel and then double clicking on the printer. You need to click on the printer shown in the menu bar and uncheck Use Printer Offline and Pause Printing checkboxes.
Why is my printer not responding to my computer?
Check your antivirus and firewall. In some cases, the Printer not responding message can appear due to your antivirus or firewall. This usually occurs if you’re using a Wi-Fi or network printer. To check if your antivirus is the problem, we advise you to disable it temporarily and check if that helps.
Why is my HP printer offline and not printing?
Make sure the printer’s print queue is not set to print offline. … Right-click the printer and select See what’s printing. Select Printer, and then select to clear any selections next to Pause Printing or Use Printer Offline, if selected.
Why is my HP printer not responding?
Resetting the printing system might help resolve issues if you receive a Printer Offline or Printer Not Responding error message. … Click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners. Right-click (or Control + click) anywhere inside the Printers window, and then click Reset printing system.
How do I fix my HP printer problems?
- Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.
- Once HP Print and Scan Doctor is open, click Start, and then choose your printer.
- Depending on the problem, click either Fix Printing or Fix Scanning.
- Test results are displayed with icons:
How do I reset my HP printer?
1 Restore Defaults
- From the screen on your printer, navigate to Setup.
- Tap Tools.
- Tap Restore Defaults.
- Tap Yes.
- The printer will restart.
- Once restarted, your printer will have been reset to factory default settings.
Why is my Canon printer not responding?
In most cases, the major culprit behind printer not responding error is lack of communication between your PC and printer. If that is the issue, then below are a few steps that might help you to resolve the issue. Press on the Setup button on your wireless Canon printer, go to Wireless LAN setup, and click on OK.
Why does my Canon wireless printer keep going offline?
Printer offline may indicate that the printer driver is not configured properly. Please try the following to resolve the issue: 1. Click Start.