How do I change my default printer?
Change the Default Printer
- In the lower-left corner of your screen, click the Windows [Start] button > From the side panel, click the gear-shaped [Settings] icon > Select “Devices”. …
- Select the printer you wish to set as the default > Click [Manage] > Click [Set as default].
How do you set two printers as default?
- Connect to the network at your present location. …
- Click Start and then “Devices and Printers.”
- Click any printer and then “Manage Default Printers” from the toolbar.
- Click “Change My Default Printer When I Change Networks.”
- Choose your current network from the Select Network drop-down menu.
How do I change the default printer error?
Right click on the name of your printer and select “see what’s printing”3. In the que view, select “Open As Administrator”4. Then select “Set As Default Printer” on the main menu, note if it is already opened up as administrator, then you may not see the option to open it as administrator.
Why does Windows 10 keep changing my default printer?
Prevent windows 10 from changing the default printer. When a device is changing on its own, it is usually because there is a setting On windows 10 PC that allows changing the device to the most suitable one that it deems worthy. Lets fallow steps below to Turn off Windows manage my default printer Option.
How do I change the default printer in Windows 10 registry?
How to Set Default Printer in Windows 10?
- Open the Control Panel and go to the Devices and Printers section.
- In the Printers section, right-click the printer you want to set up as the default. Select Set as default printer.
How do I manage printers in Windows 10?
To change your printer’s settings, head to either Settings > Devices > Printers & Scanners or Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers. In the Settings interface, click a printer and then click “Manage” to see more options. In the Control Panel, right-click a printer to find various options.
What is printer default error?
This error is usually caused when you are unable to setup your new printer or a different printer as your default printer other then the one that is already setup as default. This is caused by a glitch in the registry settings, which prioritizes the previous printer to be the default one.
How do I fix printer in error state?
How do I get my printer out of an error state?
- Make ports settings changes. Press the Windows logo key + R on your keyboard > type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter to open the Device Manager. …
- Make sure that your printer is Online. …
- Reinstall the printer driver. …
- Set the Print Spooler service to automatic. …
- Update Windows.
How do you fix Windows couldn’t connect to the printer check the printer name and try again?
Follow these steps:
- Start menu, Execute, “gpedit. …
- Browse to “Computer Configuration” / “Administrative Templates” / “Printers”.
- In the right pane, double-clic on the policy”Allow Print Spooler to accept client connections”.
- Enable this setting, then Apply.
Why does my computer keep changing the default printer?
The reason the default printer keeps changing is that Windows automatically assumes that the last printer you used is your new favorite. So, when you switch from one printer to another, Windows changes the default printer to the last printer you used. This isn’t the only reason your default printer may be changing.
How do I disable default printer in Windows 10?
How to stop Windows 10 from changing the default printer
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to the following page: Settings -> Devices -> Printers and Scanners.
- See the option named “Let Windows manage my default printer”. Turn it off as shown below: