How do you get your printer back online?
Search Windows for ‘control panel’ to open Control Panel, and then click View devices and printers to open the Devices and Printers window. Right-click your printer, select Printer Properties, and then click the Ports tab.
How do I reconnect my HP printer?
Connect the printer again to regain access to HP Printer Assistant tools.
- Click Connect a new printer.
- Select the connection type when prompted, and then follow the on-screen instructions to set up the printer. …
- Turn off the printer, and then restart your computer.
- Turn on the printer, and then open HP Printer Assistant.
How do I reconnect my wireless printer?
Click the Utilities tab. Click Printer Setup & Software, and then click Reconfigure Wireless Settings. Follow the on-screen instructions to change the wireless settings. When prompted, connect the USB cable and type the WEP or WPA key (network password).
What do you do if your printer won’t connect?
Fix 1: Check the printer connection
- Restart your printer. Power off and then power on your printer to restart it. …
- Check the connection issue. If your printer is connected by the USB cable, ensure the cable is not damaged, and it connects firmly and correctly. …
- Check the network connection.
Why is my wireless printer offline?
If your printer is showing an offline message, it means it’s having a hard time communicating with your computer. There can be a number of reasons for this, from connectivity issues, to a fault with your printer. Whatever the reason, there are several checks you can do to determine which issue you’re facing.
Why does my wireless printer say it’s offline?
Your printer might appear offline if it can’t communicate with your PC. … Your printer’s built-in menu should show which network it’s connected to, or check your printer’s manual for more info. Verify that your printer is not in Use Printer Offline mode. Select Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners.
How do I reinstall my HP wireless printer?
In Windows, search for and open Control Panel. Click Devices and Printers, and then click Add a printer. Select Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer. On the Select a printer window, select your printer, click Next, and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
How do I troubleshoot my HP wireless printer?
How to Fix the Problem
- Try connecting to the printer with a cable. This allows you to see whether the WiFi signal is the issue. …
- Find a new spot for the printer. …
- Check the printer queue. …
- Reboot the printer. …
- Make sure the firmware is up-to-date. …
- Confirm that your mobile device is on the right network. …
- Reset the printer.
How do I reset my HP printer?
1 Restore Defaults
- From the screen on your printer, navigate to Setup.
- Tap Tools.
- Tap Restore Defaults.
- Tap Yes.
- The printer will restart.
- Once restarted, your printer will have been reset to factory default settings.
Why is my wireless printer not responding to my computer?
Outdated printer drivers can cause the Printer not responding message to appear. However, you can fix that problem simply by installing the latest drivers for your printer. The simplest way to do that is to use the Device Manager. Windows will try to download a suitable driver for your printer.
Why is my printer connected but not printing?
First, make sure the printer is on and has paper in the tray. … Next, check to make sure the printer cable is properly connected to both the computer and the printer. If you still can’t print, check to make sure the printer is not set to offline mode. Go to Start, Printers and Faxes.
Why isn’t my printer connecting to my phone?
Make sure the printer and your Android device are connected to the same local Wi-Fi network and check for any network-related issues. On the Android device, confirm Wi-Fi is on and the status is Connected for your local wireless network. … If a local network is unavailable, Wi-Fi Direct printing might be an option.