Why is my HP printer not connecting to WIFI?
Make sure your Android device is connected to the same wireless network that you want to connect your printer to. Go to 123.hp.com from a browser on your phone or tablet and install the HP Smart app. Turn on the printer. If the printer is in sleep mode, press the Cancel button on the control panel.
How do I connect my HP printer to a new WIFI?
Connect to a Wireless HP Printer
- On the printer, press and hold the Wireless button for five seconds or until the light starts blinking. …
- Within two minutes, press and hold the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button on the router until the connection process begins.
Why is my printer not connecting to the WIFI?
Make sure the printer is on or that it has power. Connect your printer to your computer or other device. Check the printer’s toner and paper, plus the printer queue. … In this case, reconnect your device to the network, reconfigure security settings to include printers, and/or install updated drivers.
How do I bring my HP printer back online?
Search Windows for devices, and then click Devices and Printers from the list of results. Right-click the name of the HP printer that is active (not grayed out), and then select Set as Default printer. Try to print. If the printer remains offline, continue to the next step.
How do I troubleshoot my HP wireless printer?
How to Fix the Problem
- Try connecting to the printer with a cable. This allows you to see whether the WiFi signal is the issue. …
- Find a new spot for the printer. …
- Check the printer queue. …
- Reboot the printer. …
- Make sure the firmware is up-to-date. …
- Confirm that your mobile device is on the right network. …
- Reset the printer.
How do I get my printer to recognize my new router?
- Click the Windows Start menu and select “Control Panel” from the list.
- Click “Add Device” in the Hardware and Sound section to detect your printer.
- Select your printer in the Add a Device setup wizard. Click “Next.” Windows automatically installs the appropriate drivers for your printer.
How do I connect my wireless printer to a new router?
Use WPS to connect the printer to your wireless network.
- Locate the WPS button on your router, but do not press it yet. …
- Turn on the printer. …
- On the printer control panel, press and hold the Wireless button for at least 3 seconds or until the wireless light starts to flash.
How do I reset my HP printer?
1 Restore Defaults
- From the screen on your printer, navigate to Setup.
- Tap Tools.
- Tap Restore Defaults.
- Tap Yes.
- The printer will restart.
- Once restarted, your printer will have been reset to factory default settings.
How do I get my network printer back online?
Verify that your printer is not in Use Printer Offline mode. Select Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners. Then select your printer > Open queue. Under Printer, make sure Use Printer Offline is not selected.
Why is my printer connected but not printing?
First, make sure the printer is on and has paper in the tray. … Next, check to make sure the printer cable is properly connected to both the computer and the printer. If you still can’t print, check to make sure the printer is not set to offline mode. Go to Start, Printers and Faxes.
Why is my HP printer not responding?
Resetting the printing system might help resolve issues if you receive a Printer Offline or Printer Not Responding error message. … Click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners. Right-click (or Control + click) anywhere inside the Printers window, and then click Reset printing system.
How do I stop my printer from going offline?
How to Keep a Printer From Switching to Offline
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Double-click the Printers and Faxes or Printers and Devices icon.
- Right-click the icon for the printer that keeps switching to offline mode and choose Properties from the contextual menu that appears.
- Go to the Ports tab at the top of the pop-up window.