How do I switch my HP printer from offline to online?
- Click “Start,” then click the “Devices and Printers” folder.
- Right-click the icon for your Hewlett-Packard printer. …
- Click the “Printer” menu in the window that opens and uncheck “Use Printer Offline.” Any items in the print queue for your HP printer will print.
Why does it say my HP printer is offline?
Your printer might appear offline if it can’t communicate with your PC. … Select Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners. Then select your printer > Open queue. Under Printer, make sure Use Printer Offline is not selected.
How do I connect my HP printer online?
Use the HP Smart app to connect the printer to your wireless network.
- Make sure your Android device is connected to the same wireless network that you want to connect your printer to.
- Go to 123.hp.com from a browser on your phone or tablet and install the HP Smart app.
- Turn on the printer.
How do you fix an HP printer that is offline?
Search Windows for devices, and then click Devices and Printers from the list of results. Right-click the name of the HP printer that is active (not grayed out), and then select Set as Default printer. Try to print. If the printer remains offline, continue to the next step.
Why is my wireless printer offline?
If your printer is showing an offline message, it means it’s having a hard time communicating with your computer. There can be a number of reasons for this, from connectivity issues, to a fault with your printer. Whatever the reason, there are several checks you can do to determine which issue you’re facing.
How do I deselect a printer offline?
Open the printer queue by going to Devices and Printers in Control Panel and double-clicking on the printer. Here you want to click on Printer in the menu bar and then make sure to uncheck Pause Printing and Use Printer Offline.
Why is my HP printer not responding?
Resetting the printing system might help resolve issues if you receive a Printer Offline or Printer Not Responding error message. … Click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners. Right-click (or Control + click) anywhere inside the Printers window, and then click Reset printing system.
How do I reset my HP printer?
1 Restore Defaults
- From the screen on your printer, navigate to Setup.
- Tap Tools.
- Tap Restore Defaults.
- Tap Yes.
- The printer will restart.
- Once restarted, your printer will have been reset to factory default settings.
What do I do if my HP printer is in error state?
How do I get my printer out of an error state?
- Make ports settings changes. Press the Windows logo key + R on your keyboard > type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter to open the Device Manager. …
- Make sure that your printer is Online. …
- Reinstall the printer driver. …
- Set the Print Spooler service to automatic. …
- Update Windows.
How do I get my HP printer to scan?
Use HP MFP Scan to scan your documents or photos from a computer.
- Load the document or photo you want to scan.
- Search Windows for HP MFP Scan, and then click it to open the software. …
- Choose a scanning option. …
- After scanning the document or photo, type a file name under Name.
How do I get my HP printer to print?
- Make sure your Android device and printer are connected to the same wireless network.
- Go to 123.hp.com to install the HP Smart app on your phone or tablet.
- On the app home screen, tap the printer icon or the plus sign .
- On the My Printer screen in the HP Smart app, tap Advanced Settings.
What do I do if my HP printer won’t print?
Make sure your devices are properly connected with each other, and the network or the cable you use to connect these devices is normal. You can also try restarting your HP printer. Turn it off completely and unplug the power cord, leave it for a couple of minutes, and then plug the cord back and power on the printer.
How do you fix a printer problem?
- Unplug and restart your printer.
- Check cables or wireless connection.
- Uninstall and reinstall your printer.
- Install the latest driver for your printer.
- Run the printing troubleshooter.
- Clear and reset the print spooler.
- Fix printer problems after updating Windows 10.
- Change a printer’s status to “online”