What do I do when my printer says paper jam but there is none?
Sometimes a paper jam error persists even though there is no jammed paper (false paper jam). Reset the printer, which might clear a false paper jam error, and then try to print again. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer. Unplug the power cord from the power source.
How do you fix a paper jam on an HP printer?
If your printer has a paper path cover behind the carriage, remove the cover, and then remove any jammed paper. Pull out the input tray, and then remove any jammed paper. If your printer has a bottom cleanout door, carefully lift the printer and look under it, and then remove any jammed paper from the bottom cleanout.
How do you clear a paper jam status?
Solution one: Clear the paper jam
- Step one: Remove any loose paper. Remove any loose sheets of paper from the input tray and the output tray. …
- Step two: Clear the paper jam from the rear of the product. …
- Step three: Open the cartridge access door, and then clear the jam. …
- Step four: Print a printer status report.
What is the cause of paper jam in printer?
Paper inserted incorrectly.
This tends to be the number one cause, and there’s a lot that can go wrong while you’re loading the paper in the input tray. Sheets stuck together, folded or frayed paper, and an overloaded tray can all create problems. Even using the wrong type of paper can cause paper jams.22 мая 2018 г.
Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?
The guides in the paper tray are there to make sure the stack of paper is exactly where the printer was designed to grab from. … So even though there’s no paper stuck when you start printing, the loose paper guides are ensuring that a sheet gets jammed whenever the printer starts doing its thing.
How do you reset your printer?
To do this, power down the printer and then unplug the power cord from the wall. Wait for a minute, then plug the printer back in and power it back up. Wait for the cartridges to center, and then try printing again. If your issue persists, you can also try resetting the printer to the default or factory settings.
How do I reset my HP printer?
1 Restore Defaults
- From the screen on your printer, navigate to Setup.
- Tap Tools.
- Tap Restore Defaults.
- Tap Yes.
- The printer will restart.
- Once restarted, your printer will have been reset to factory default settings.
Why does my HP printer keep jamming paper?
Check inside the printer for any debris that might be causing paper jams. Turn off the printer, and then unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet. … Carefully remove any debris you see on the rollers. Close the ink cartridge access door, and then load paper into the input tray.
How do you fix a paper jam on a Brother printer?
Follow these steps:
- Unplug your Brother machine from the AC power outlet (electrical socket).
- Pull the paper tray (1) completely out of your Brother machine.
- Pull out the jammed paper (1).
- Lift the Jam Clear flap, and remove the jammed paper.
- Put the paper tray firmly back in your Brother machine.
How do I remove paper from my Epson printer?
Paper Jam Problems
- Cancel the print job from your computer, if necessary.
- Gently pull out any jammed paper from the rear paper feed slot.
- Open the front cover.
- Gently remove any jammed paper. Caution: …
- Close the front cover.
- Carefully follow all paper loading instructions when you load new paper.
How do you stop paper jam?
Top Ten Ways to Prevent Paper Jams
- Fan the Paper. Grab the stack of paper you are about to load in to the paper tray on one end with one hand. …
- Store Paper in a Dry Environment. Paper absorbs moisture. …
- Do Not Over Load the Paper Tray. …
- Do Not Use Low Grade Paper. …
- Properly Align Paper Guides. …
- Preventative Maintenance. …
- Keep Rollers Clean. …
- Do Not Mix Paper Types.