How do I set my printer as default in Windows 7?
How to set the Default Printer in Microsoft Windows 7
- Click the Start icon.
- Select Devices and Printers.
- Your current default printer is shown with a tick.
- To set another printer as default, right-click on the printer and select Set as Default Printer.
How do I change my default printer settings?
Change the Default Printer
- In the lower-left corner of your screen, click the Windows [Start] button > From the side panel, click the gear-shaped [Settings] icon > Select “Devices”. …
- Select the printer you wish to set as the default > Click [Manage] > Click [Set as default].
How do I change my default HP printer?
Click the Windows icon ( ), click Control Panel. The Control Panel window opens. Click Hardware and Sound, and then click Printers. Right-click your HP product, and then click Set as Default Printer.
Why does my default printer keep changing Windows 7?
The reason the default printer keeps changing is that Windows automatically assumes that the last printer you used is your new favorite. So, when you switch from one printer to another, Windows changes the default printer to the last printer you used.
How do I set the default printer in Windows 7 Registry?
Simple Steps For How to Set Default Printer Windows 7 Registry
- Click the Start button and type regedit on the search field. …
- Move to the Computer HKEY_CURRENT – USER Software Microsoft Windows NT Current Version Devices.
- Locate the target printer in the list of available devices in the right pane.
How do I change my default printer online?
Go to the Start icon on the bottom left of your screen then choose Control Panel and then Devices and Printers. Right click the printer in question and select “See what’s printing”. From the window that opens choose “Printer” from the menu bar at the top. Select “Use Printer Online” from the drop down menu.
How do I change the default printer in the registry?
- Open the Registry Editor (Right mouse click Windows Start → Run → regedit)
- Navigate to this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWindows.
- For name “LegacyDefaultPrinterMode” set the “Value data:” to “1” to return to the old Default printer behavior in Windows 10.
How do I change my default printer settings in Windows 10?
To choose a default printer, select the Start button and then Settings . Go to Devices > Printers & scanners > select a printer > Manage. Then select Set as default. If you have Let Windows manage my default printer selected, you’ll need to deselect it before you can choose a default printer on your own.
How do I get my network printer back online?
Verify that your printer is not in Use Printer Offline mode. Select Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners. Then select your printer > Open queue. Under Printer, make sure Use Printer Offline is not selected.
Why does my default printer keep changing Windows 10?
If your default printer keeps changing, you might want to prevent Windows from managing your default printer. To do that, just follow these steps: Go to Settings > click on the Devices icon. Click on Printers & scanners on the left side > turn off Let Windows manage my default printer.
How do I turn off Windows manage default printer?
To turn off this feature:
- Open Settings | Devices.
- Select Printers and Scanners on the left side.
- Uncheck the box next to Let Windows manage my default printer.
How do I change my printer settings on my computer?
Search Windows for ‘printers’, then click Devices and Printers in the search results. Right-click the icon for your printer, then click Printer properties. Click the Advanced tab, then click Printing Defaults. Change any settings you want as defaults in the Printing Defaults window, then click OK.