How do I switch my HP printer from offline to online?
- Click “Start,” then click the “Devices and Printers” folder.
- Right-click the icon for your Hewlett-Packard printer. …
- Click the “Printer” menu in the window that opens and uncheck “Use Printer Offline.” Any items in the print queue for your HP printer will print.
Why is my HP printer saying its offline?
Your printer might appear offline if it can’t communicate with your PC. … Your printer’s built-in menu should show which network it’s connected to, or check your printer’s manual for more info. Verify that your printer is not in Use Printer Offline mode. Select Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners.
Why is my wireless printer offline?
If your printer is showing an offline message, it means it’s having a hard time communicating with your computer. There can be a number of reasons for this, from connectivity issues, to a fault with your printer. Whatever the reason, there are several checks you can do to determine which issue you’re facing.
How do I fix an offline HP printer?
Search Windows for devices, and then click Devices and Printers from the list of results. Right-click the name of the HP printer that is active (not grayed out), and then select Set as Default printer. Try to print. If the printer remains offline, continue to the next step.
Why is my HP printer not responding?
Resetting the printing system might help resolve issues if you receive a Printer Offline or Printer Not Responding error message. … Click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners. Right-click (or Control + click) anywhere inside the Printers window, and then click Reset printing system.
How do I deselect a printer offline?
Open the printer queue by going to Devices and Printers in Control Panel and double-clicking on the printer. Here you want to click on Printer in the menu bar and then make sure to uncheck Pause Printing and Use Printer Offline.
How do I reset my HP printer?
1 Restore Defaults
- From the screen on your printer, navigate to Setup.
- Tap Tools.
- Tap Restore Defaults.
- Tap Yes.
- The printer will restart.
- Once restarted, your printer will have been reset to factory default settings.
How do I connect my HP printer to my computer?
In Windows, search for and open Control Panel. Click Devices and Printers, and then click Add a printer. Select Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer. On the Select a printer window, select your printer, click Next, and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
How do I get my HP printer out of error state?
How do I get my printer out of an error state?
- Make ports settings changes. Press the Windows logo key + R on your keyboard > type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter to open the Device Manager. …
- Make sure that your printer is Online. …
- Reinstall the printer driver. …
- Set the Print Spooler service to automatic. …
- Update Windows.
How do I get my printer to connect wirelessly?
- Make sure your Android device is connected to the same wireless network that you want to connect your printer to.
- Go to 123.hp.com from a browser on your phone or tablet and install the HP Smart app.
- Turn on the printer. …
- Prepare the printer for a wireless network connection.
Why is my printer not responding to my computer?
Check your antivirus and firewall. In some cases, the Printer not responding message can appear due to your antivirus or firewall. This usually occurs if you’re using a Wi-Fi or network printer. To check if your antivirus is the problem, we advise you to disable it temporarily and check if that helps.
Why does my Samsung wireless printer keep going offline?
A printer displays “Offline” or “Status is not available” when a printer is unable to communicate with a computer. To resolve the issue, follow these steps: … On your computer, open Control Panel, and then click Devices and Printers. Right-click the printer displaying “Offline”, and then click Printer Properties.
How do I run a diagnostic on my HP printer?
- Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.
- Once HP Print and Scan Doctor is open, click Start, and then choose your printer.
- Depending on the problem, click either Fix Printing or Fix Scanning.
- Test results are displayed with icons:
What do I do if my HP printer won’t print?
Make sure your devices are properly connected with each other, and the network or the cable you use to connect these devices is normal. You can also try restarting your HP printer. Turn it off completely and unplug the power cord, leave it for a couple of minutes, and then plug the cord back and power on the printer.